Internal Mic problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dandesigns, Jul 23, 2008.

1. dandesigns

dandesigns

hi! i just installed skype on the original linpus OS and found out that my i-mic (internal mic) is not working. I plugged in an external mic and it worked. i installed audacity to record a sound from the mic but it's not working either. do you think i got a defective unit?

dandesigns, Jul 23, 2008
  2. dandesigns

technonoise

I think so, cos when I installed skype on linpus, the internal mic (the one near the webcam) worked properly.
    But maybe for some reason it is disable. So you should check in the mic setting..

technonoise, Jul 23, 2008
  3. dandesigns

dandesigns

hmm.. i checked the mixer already and it's currently on the high level with mic boost on the highest level too. must be a factory defect. i just reinstalled linpus and its still not working.

dandesigns, Jul 23, 2008
  4. dandesigns

dandesigns

ok. i have my AA1 replaced this afternoon and told them that the internal mic isnt working. they pulled out a brand new AA1 and let me install audacity and viola! the mic works!

dandesigns, Jul 24, 2008
Ask a Question