Internal mic not working on AAO D150 with UNR 9.04

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ptihibou, May 18, 2009.

1. ptihibou

ptihibou

Everything works fine ( video, sound, webcam) on my Aspire One D150 with Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix except the internal mic which does not work in Skype. If I go to system / preferences / sound , the test for sound capture does not work whether I set it up at ALSA or HDA Intel ALC272 Analog (ALSA). I also tried various settings in the Alsa mixer manager with no success.

Following advice from the Ubuntu forums I went to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne and downloaded the alsa-driver-1.0.20 which was recommended for AAO D250 figuring may be it would work with the D150 but I have not been able to compile it fully. When I do ./configure it starts OK then keeps looking for kernel Linux /version.h which it does not find. I then went to Synaptics to check if the proper Linux-source was installed but everything appeared OK ( I am not familiar with Ubuntu being basically an Open Suse user which I could not install successfully on my netbook)

Any help?

ptihibou, May 18, 2009
  2. ptihibou

tomt

tomt, May 19, 2009
  3. ptihibou

ptihibou

Thanks Tomt

in fact I had seen your post previous to posting mine but I did not dare to change the Ubuntu Kernel to 2.6.30-2-generic as I was using Ubuntu Netbook Remix which kernel is 2.6.28-11-generic and I thought (may be wrongly?) that probably the change of kernels had different consequences whether you were using Ubuntu 9.04 (as you are) or Ubuntu Netbook Remix (as I am)

In the meantime I have continued looking and finally found a solution to my predicament (the internal mic not working under Skype). I went to the Alsa project site www.alsa-project.org and downloaded the alsa-driver, alsa-lib, and alsa-utils version 1.0.20. With some efforts ( I am completely new to Linux with some very limited experience with Open Suse 11.1) I managed to compile and install the above mentioned packages. And would you believe.. the internal mic now works fine !! :D

ptihibou, May 19, 2009
Ask a Question