Intel Wireless N 130

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DouglasThurman, May 8, 2012.

1. DouglasThurman

DouglasThurman

Unit: AO722
    CPU: AMD C-60
    RAM: 4GB
    HDD: 750GB

Hi all! New to the forums but been a tech for about 20 years. I have an AO722 AMD notebook and wanted to install the Intel Wireless N 130 combo card into the thing. I got it cheap so if we all agree it won't work then I'll chuck it. The nice thing about the card is that it has wireless N, bluetooth, and wireless display all built in. It's a half sized MiniPCIE card so it goes right in where the original one does. The problem is that Windows 7 freezes and won't start. It will go into safe mode where I can install the drivers for the card and everything shows as recognized. Upon restart it still freezes. I've tried safe mode then shut down instead of restart but still no dice. I've tried the full sized MiniPCIE slot for S&G but the same thing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

DouglasThurman, May 8, 2012
  2. DouglasThurman

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

Can you still boot up windows one line at a time like you used to be able to do with Win 95/98?!? At work so cant check.
    But I would definitely want to be seeing which part of the boot process fails.

Obviously it is to do with the wireless card as this is whats changed, but not sure why that would freeze windows if you can install drivers in safe mode.

Does your laptop already have bluetooth installed, I'm just wondering if its conflicting with something which windows loads in Normal mode that it doesnt in Safe mode. Might be worth having a look and seeing if there are any possible conflicting drivers installed that you can uninstall or any settings in the BIOS to disable any conflicting pieces of hardware.

Hope that helps but I fear it wont have :(

Paul

elPaulio, May 10, 2012
Ask a Question