Intel solves SSD write speed issue

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by iDq, Aug 6, 2008.

1. iDq

iDq

iDq, Aug 6, 2008
  2. iDq

hmraao

More of a tease, really. Although, Intel claims to have solved the SSD write speed issue, their demo as reported
    tells us nothing about write performance. Anyone who reads CustomPC on a regular basis must be aware of their tendency for "playing fast and loose with the facts." Or as one eminent comedian once put it, "playing all the right notes... not necessarily in the right order."

hmraao, Aug 28, 2008
  3. iDq

gbee

What's more interesting is that the two examples they gave might demonstrate good read speeds, but I fail to see how they show that the write speeds are any better.

gbee, Aug 28, 2008
  4. iDq

Achilles

Exactly. The main problem with SSD's as far as I can see are that they don't work very will in a Windows environment as it seems that this requires frequent writes to the hard disk (i.e. SSD). SSD's don't perform very well under these condtions and this tends to freeze the computer for several seconds. I find this more annoying than an overall drop in speed. Probably the only real fixes are to either reconfigure the architecture so that writing to the SSD is not done this way or ultimately to have a different SSD architecture (e.g. a dual port system).

Achilles, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question