install ubuntu 9.10 remix on linpus lite

Discussion in 'Linux' started by douglas, Feb 22, 2010.

1. douglas

douglas

can anyone help me to install ubuntu 9.10 remix on my linpus lite aspire one. Received today in the post Ubuntu 9.10 cd which i downloaded on to my windows machine to see how it looked. Copied file to usb drive and inported to linpus lite. Unable to open in netbook so any guidance would be helpfull.

Searched fourm for help but could not find anything.

douglas, Feb 22, 2010
  2. douglas

Xinês

Hello douglas,

Linpus will give you an headache before you get it to behave properly.
    My proposal is that you install "Unetbootin" in your windows computer and create a USB flash boot disk with it. If you downloaded the ISO, you'll find it quite easy to create the boot disk with such software.
    Then just plugin the USB flash into your AA1 and boot. It should start the linux installer/live session from the distribution you downloaded.

Xinês, Feb 23, 2010
  3. douglas

douglas

Thanks for that information i will try this solution.

douglas, Feb 25, 2010
  4. douglas

Cushie

Not had any problem with Linpus but I now have dual boot with Ubuntu N R 9.10 Karmic. If you can boot your PC from the live CD you will find an option 'USB start up creator' (under system admin).This requires the original .iso file and your clean usb stick. When you boot up the Live stick install as you require. I chose dual boot.
    With either option there are tweaks on this forum to improve installation.

Cushie, Feb 26, 2010
Ask a Question