Install Skpe on Acer Aspire One with Linux operating system

Discussion in 'Networking' started by poor1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. poor1

poor1

Will Skype work with AA1.

I would be grateful if someone could give me a step by step set of instruction to install it please.

poor1, Feb 2, 2009
  2. poor1

poor1

No replies but have now managed to create a new Skype account which was accepted. However when I try to sign in with the correct user name and password I get "Sign in Failed" followed by in red " Another Skype instance may exist". Have tried getting a Skype token and changing password, which was again accepted, but same result when I tried to sign in. Any ideas please.

poor1, Feb 2, 2009
  3. poor1

mies

mies, Feb 2, 2009
  4. poor1

robertr

robertr, Feb 2, 2009
  5. poor1

poor1

Many thanks. installed andf running. Initial problem understanding the logic because clicking on the Skype icon after it had been closed down brought up "another instance of Skype may be running" instead of starting Skype. Discovered that I must sign out at the toolbar icn which looks like a cross between a red flag and a green tick box.
    Windows is far simpler!.

poor1, Feb 5, 2009
  6. poor1

poor1

Re: Install Skpe on Acer Aspire One with Linux operating sys

Installed easypiesy without any problem and up and running again.

Totally contrary to the stock reply received from Acer.

After sending me their stock response to my initial problem Acer support were pretty useless intimating that if their suggested solution did not work it was likely to be a hardware problem and offered to have a look at it for a minimum of £55.00 plus the cost of the repair. Dreadful when you consider that installing this new operating system proved that there was no hardware fault and all the time and trouble it would have taken to send it back to them. Even their support line costs 50p per minute, which fortunately I was able to bypass by email. Typical of some support services.

Many thanks for all the help and suggestions.

poor1, Jan 31, 2011
Ask a Question