Increase max volume on Linpus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by danielsbrewer, Jan 24, 2009.

1. danielsbrewer

danielsbrewer

Hi,

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the low maximum volume on Linpus. This is especially true in Skype where the volume is unbearable low. Is there any way to push it further, even if it involves a bit of distortion.

Thanks

Dan

danielsbrewer, Jan 24, 2009
  2. danielsbrewer

daldred

I don't find the maximum volume all that low; have you tried all the things mentioned in other threads on this topic, like using alsamixer to ensure the levels are correctly set, setting the volume to maximum in Media Master, ensuring there is a hard surface under the speakers and so on?

If despite doing all that the sound is really that low, I'd say you have defective hardware.

daldred, Jan 24, 2009
  3. danielsbrewer

ashpire

Hello, I had the same problem, type alsamixer in the terminal and slide the both selectors to full volume.

ashpire, Jan 26, 2009
  4. danielsbrewer

teaker1s

earlier build date ones were quieter eg 08 07

teaker1s, Jan 28, 2009
  5. danielsbrewer

ashpire

Well mine is from 07/2008 and has totally ok volume output, but in some way alsamixer had turned down the volume so it's good to check it..

ashpire, Jan 28, 2009
  6. danielsbrewer

daldred

I think (from other posts in the forum) that the probolem may be Media Master - a number of people have said that they've switched from MM to an alternative. like VLC, and then can't get full volume out of VLC: I suspect MM's volume control may change the PCM volume instead of the master volume.

daldred, Jan 28, 2009
  7. danielsbrewer

danielsbrewer

I found that I did need to increase the volume within alsamixer. Also putting it on a hard surface made a massive difference too. Thanks for all the suggestions.

danielsbrewer, Jan 29, 2009
Ask a Question