IMAP/Exchange Server and remote email

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bgg423, Mar 23, 2010.

1. bgg423

bgg423

I would like to be able to download my work email (on a Microsoft Exchange Server) to my Acer netbook so I can travel with the email and access in offline mode while on an airplane but when I get to the destination I need to ensure the work computer is synchronized with any changes made on netbook. Any suggestions?

bgg423, Mar 23, 2010
  2. bgg423

melhiore

Yeah... You may start from telling us what OS you use and what software you use for Exchange... Believe me or not but there is couple of alternatives...

melhiore, Mar 23, 2010
  3. bgg423

bgg423

Ok - that is why I'm in the beginners section. Using Win XP and haven't picked a client. Could you use gmail and then download all the email in 'offline' mode so no client needed? or am open to suggestions on client to make this work.

bgg423, Mar 24, 2010
  4. bgg423

bgg423

oh - and MS Outlook 2007 at work.

bgg423, Mar 24, 2010
  5. bgg423

melhiore

OK. I can not tell what configuration is the best one but I can tell you what I use.

For company use I obviously have M$ Outlook 2007. I have an access to my company email over internet and I'm using Thunderbird. You can set up IMAP or exchange account in this software so you going to have what you expect... Before you begin check with your company network guy if there are or are not present any restrictions to synchronise your private PC with company servers... My wife f.e. can not receive her emails other than by logging in to company account remotely using remote desktop...

melhiore, Mar 24, 2010
Ask a Question