I'm Leaving Guys!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rory, Aug 2, 2009.

1. rory

rory

After over a year camped here in the OS X subforum, I am leaving! As many of the old posters here have done, I am getting a new laptop.
    Toshiba NB200. Pretty much the same as the AAO but looks way nicer and has a chicklet keyboard. And perfect OS X including Sleep ethernet audio graphics. Has it all.
    I'll still keep track here and watch out for any new developments, but my AAO is on its last legs and is currently only working because I am running Os X from an external HDD after the ZIF blew up on my trip to rome for the champions league final.
    And this forum has already given the NB200 users some great info thanks to me!
    Cheers for all the great guides and solutions guys and good luck with the AAO and OS X!

rory, Aug 2, 2009
  2. rory

azz2811

Rory :(

Ohh well there goes a good one.

OT:

This Toshiba looks good! might have to check that out!

azz2811, Aug 2, 2009
  3. rory

rory

See, now you know why I'm leaving. And a guy over at hackint0sh.org posted a tutorial with 10 videos attached as part of it.
    Not that I need the videos, but that really is noob proof haha!

rory, Aug 2, 2009
  4. rory

azz2811

yes well i am looking at getting a nb200 now and the videos will help me ;)

azz2811, Aug 2, 2009
  5. rory

SP1950

Good luck with your Toshiba netbook & osx! :)

SP1950, Aug 2, 2009
  6. rory

Thanks rory for all your help and good luck with your new Toshiba :D

70869413, Aug 5, 2009
  7. rory

rory

Well turns out I'm not switching after al. Just decided to soldier on with my AAO and boot OS X off an external HDD. Then I can save the ~£400 from the NB200 and 2GB RAM stick for a real MacBook at the first available opportunity. And with Uni discount it wont be long... a month woop! http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000724/b ... co=MTIyMDI £772 and from tomorrow I will have about £420 from my overdraft limit, leaving me needing only 300 because my mum owes me £70 apple store credit :D
    So I will be leaving the forum, but not for another hackintosh :)
    And I had anidea about how to make sleep work too. doubt it will work but I am going to try...
    And thanks for all the kind responses guys!

rory, Aug 5, 2009
  8. rory

azz2811

do you mean buying a 2gb ram stick for the nb200 or the aao? cool that ur sticking with the aao

azz2811, Aug 6, 2009
  9. rory

hughjmilsom

May I record my thanks to Rory for the times he has spurred me on(!), the help he has provided in these forums and his kext collection which has proved most useful.

Keep well.

Hugh

hughjmilsom, Aug 6, 2009
  10. rory

rory

Hugh, any chance you vould upload your boot 132 iso?
    I am trying to get snow leo working and it would be very useful...

rory, Aug 6, 2009
  11. rory

SP1950

well, that isn't exactly a boot-132...
    it's just snow leopard installation files + bootloader!
    so if you have a working mac environment, you can just do it yourself! (and that's the only way i could get the install disc boot)
    try chameleon 2 rc2 (binary, not installer), it's working with snow leopard (at least no noticeable issue)

SP1950, Aug 7, 2009
  12. rory

rory

Ive given up on snow leopard. I'm just going to get everything working using iPC becaus eI know that works and then leave it. No messing around with it. Because I'll need my laptop working well for my retakes. And on the plus side, I get paid on the 3rd which is the day of my second and final retake, so I will go from the retake to the Apple Store in Nottingham and buy myself a ncie new MacBook :) Well if I think I passed that is :s

rory, Aug 7, 2009
  13. rory

nicholms

After reading Rory's initial post, I checked out the Toshiba NB 205 and found it quite compelling. I've since e-bayed my 8.9" and 10.1" Aspire Ones and have picked up the Toshiba. Following Wingzero619's walkthrough (http://www.hackint0sh.org/427620-post33.htm) I have my new HackBook. [I didn't have a chance to look at the videos, but the walkthrough is quite enough to do it.]

It sleeps. And wakes! It backs up with TimeMachine, updates software (for now, at least), and has a more comfortable keyboard, wrist-rest, trackpad, and 'mouse buttons'.

The biggest problem I had was getting the iDeneb iso. But, we all go through that sort of thing.

Bottom line is I've gotten farther with this in a week than I have in 10 months with the Acer.

That said, the Acer is a fine machine and mine served me very well. They likely got me to the level of understanding needed to more quickly and efficiently get the Toshiba running.

So thanks to everyone at the AAO user forum, especially you, Rory, for all the help with the walkthroughs, guides, suggestions, creative ideas, and solutions!

Cheers,

Nicholms

nicholms, Aug 20, 2009
  14. rory

rory

Its kl man, glad you got what is probably the best current hackbook. Was looking for something epic as a hackbok earlier. but no luck. not much sleeps. Wanted a Vaio TZ for the epic smallness yet a dvd/blu ray drive and high res screen, but no sleep. Disappointing... True macbook it will be for me I think. AN MBP 17 inch, or an MBA or the iTablet if it gets released ever!

rory, Aug 22, 2009
Ask a Question