IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, May 4, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Cloud providers hosting blockchain secure transactions technology should take additional steps to protect the records, IBM says.

IBM's new framework for securely operating blockchain networks, released Friday, recommends that network operators make it easy to audit their operating environments and use optimized accelerators for hashing -- the generation of numbers from strings of text -- and the creation of digital signatures to pump up CPU performance.

Along with the security guidelines, IBM announced new cloud-based blockchain services designed to meet existing regulatory and security requirements. The company has worked with security experts to create cloud services for "tamper-resistant" blockchain networks, it said.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3063...on-how-to-secure-blockchain-in-the-cloud.html

Sefie, May 4, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

I like to keep all my data on a portable hard drive, since I don't trust anything on Cloud or Sky or whatever it is that I can't touch, haha. Call me paranoid, old dinosaur or whatever, but all of these new things I can't get a grab on.

IcyBC, May 6, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. Sefie

IBMPC8088

When you see things like this with Ethereum, you see all too well just how secure (or more accurately, how not secure at all) storing things in the cloud can be, whether there is a blockchain being used and a form of encryption or not. To the tune of several million dollars in this case.

IBMPC8088, Jul 1, 2016
Ask a Question