iAtkos v7 on AOA150

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by mjrascoe, Jul 1, 2009.

1. mjrascoe

mjrascoe

Hey has anyone given iAtkos v7 a shot on the AOA150? I'm pulling a torrent down now to play with.

mjrascoe, Jul 1, 2009
  2. mjrascoe

Guest Guest

Im trying to install it now, but cannot get it to boot from my external drive.

Guest, Jul 2, 2009
  3. mjrascoe

XysteR

i'm running it now, installed easy and no messing about with kexts. With the right selections it works perfectly, full res, battery sorted, shuts down properly, sound works etc etc.

XysteR, Jul 4, 2009
  4. mjrascoe

hDy

hDy, Jul 5, 2009
  5. mjrascoe

kentest

Hello folks! @Xyster and @hDy particularly, Can you tell me exactly which iATKOS v7 options you selected? I am relatively experienced with hackintosh systems (MSI Wind desktop, etc.) but I cannot make iATKOS v7 work on my AOD150 10 inch. AOD150 is stock (with Atheros wireless, 160gb HD etc.) except for a 2GB SODIMM. This is a dual-boot system with Windows XP. WinXP boots and runs fine. I even have Ubuntu netbook remix on an 8gb SDHC card which boots and run fine. I have made IPC-XDL OSX86 distro boot and run in a somewhat limited way, but still have trouble with various kexts. (I never really have any problem partitioning my HD for dual or even triple boots as I am fairly experienced with that aspect also.)

Under iATKOS my AOD150 either kernel panics when it reboots (with Voodoo kernal) or has and endless reboot loop if I use the default kernel (vanilla I suppose?). I followed the iATKOS version 5 method without the extra kexts. I believe I was very careful to select only the minimal options and nothing that would conflict. I did not select any wired or wireless networking. I did try various sound options, etc.

Is there some iATKOS option that absolutely MUST be selected to work properly or conversely some option that almost always ruins an installation? I am pretty much out of ideas with iATKOS.

I can use my AOD150 with an IPC-XDL install but it really is not stable enough and has too many options missing (adding kexts to that system has been problematical).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

kentest, Jul 6, 2009
  6. mjrascoe

hDy

The options are listed in the thread I linked (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15664)

+ (Expand)
    * (Select)

*iatkos v7 Main System (Installed By Default)
    +Bootloader
    *Chameleon v2 (Installed By Default)
    +X86 Patches
    +Decrypters (Unselect AppleDecypt)
    *Dsmos (Select)
    +Kernel
    *9.50.0 KernelVoodoo (Select)
    +ACPI
    *x86 ACPI (Select)
    +Drivers
    +VGA (Install Intel GMA950)
    +Sound
    *Voodoo HDA driver (Installed By Default)
    +System
    +PS/2 Mouse Keyboard (Only Select One)
    *Apple Ps/2 Driver (Select)
    +Sytem
    *Laptop Battery (Select)
    +Network
    (Skip Wired) (Not Applicable to Acer Aspire One D150) - Below is the Correct Link To Download the Correct Kext For AttansicL1eEthernet)
    +Wireless
    *Broadcom BCM43xx (Dw1490,Dw1390,Dw1395) (Select) This Kext is only if you have already Purchased The(Dw1490 Cards).
    *Post_Install Actions (Installed By Default)

And I don't know of any working drivers for the Atheros wifi card, I use a Dw1390 myself.

hDy, Jul 6, 2009
  7. mjrascoe

kentest

Hello hDy. Thank you. Yes, I actually previously viewed that post and used that info exactly (should have mentioned that in my previous post) and it did not work for me for some reason (kernel panics or endless reboots). I am not sure if it is something to do with my multiple partitions (XP and OSX) or the physical presence of the Atheros card (have not tried removing it yet!) or something else that I have somehow missed.

I have quite a bit of experience with this sort of hackintosh stuff but I am finding that the AAOD150 10 inch is very finicky in my case when it comes to installing OSX. It really has me confused that some people report easy success using various distros. The only hackintosh distro that I can make work at all on the AAOD150 10 inch is IPC-XDL and I still have several issues with it. I have tried iATKOS v7, iDeneb 1.4, and IPC-XDL (10.5.6).

The iATKOS v7 distro looks very good and I really like my AAOD150 netbook. I guess I will just have to keep experimenting as time allows.

One thing for other people's benefit is that on the AAOD150 (still using shipped BIOS 1.05 as of now) the SD card slot DOES show in the F12 boot menu if you have a bootable OS on the card like the Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix (UNR) that I am using. This makes another simple way to have a triple-boot machine.

If anyone has any other suggestions on the iATKOS v7 distro options or any general AAOD150 OSX86 advice I would appreciate it very much. If I ever get it working I will report back here and let everyone know what I discovered!

Thanks to all!

kentest, Jul 6, 2009
  8. mjrascoe

kentest

Hello! Back again with more info. I am now having fairly good success with iATKOS v7. What fixed it for me was the "dreaded" "cpus=1" option at boot time (I have now edited my com.apple.boot.plist file to reflect this). The nice thing about iATKOS v7 is that 1024x600 screen resolution and trackpad work out of box! Still working on audio (trying VoodooHDA, seems choppy, will it even work properly without Voodoo kernel?), networking, etc. But this seems the most stable distro installation thus far.

I am using the iATKOS v7 default (vanilla?) kernel (made sure either Voodoo kernel was NOT checked this time). The Voodoo kernel gave me kernel panics (as mentioned previously).

So for all of you OSX on AAOD150 10 inch users, here is my current theory. Stock Atheros card interferes with Voodoo kernel, so use vanilla kernel on ANY distro you try. If you have Broadcom card, etc. you can probably use Voodoo kernel.

Also as mentioned above, use the "cpus=1" boot option if you have the endless reboot loop (this probably is ONLY needed with the vanilla kernel, thus many people's catch-22-like problems).

So making copies...(uh, I mean progress)..I'll report more info if I discover anything else useful. Thanks to all posters and especially the "cpus=1" post from other message threads!

kentest, Jul 6, 2009
  9. mjrascoe

Carpe_Diem_Rjr

Hi i want your help
    I have Acer aspire one AOA150.

Then Restart
    Now install the Kext's Provided in the link below Inside The Zip.

Below is The Download Link for The Kext For "AppleIntelGMA950"
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T2PJ917L

Below is the Download Link For The Kext For "AttansicL1eEthernet"
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GXUBIMTD

Below is The Download Link For The "TrackPad" (This will Load Up " TrackPad" Settings in the Mouse & Keyboard Preferences)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UNMIJ7Q1

These link are for AOA150 n or only for AOD150 ??
    Which kext files after installing its necessary to install ? Pls Help!!

The problem is

The system extensions /system/library/extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext was installed improperly and cannot be udes ..bla bla bla.....
    What i have to do?

Carpe_Diem_Rjr, Jul 10, 2009
  10. mjrascoe

hDy

use "Kext Helper b7.app" to install kext drivers.

From my experience the following kext files were not needed
    These are all Mirrors for paulswinddriverutilitypack.zip you only need to download ONE of them:
    Code:
    [url]http://rapidshare.com/files/254617154/paulswinddriverutilitypack.zip[/url] 
    [url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=67HBZ7A2[/url]
    [url]http://depositfiles.com/en/files/t4lu247zo[/url]

You can find Kext Helper b7.app under the Utilities folder
    RealtekR1000.kext under the kexts folder

hDy, Jul 11, 2009
  11. mjrascoe

Carpe_Diem_Rjr

Thnk you my friend for your help.
    The other files like .plugin .... what i have to do with them?

Carpe_Diem_Rjr, Jul 11, 2009
  12. mjrascoe

Carpe_Diem_Rjr

Where i can found Intel GMA950 drivers you say?

After deleting the 5 files which i install with itacos v7 i have to install the right drivers where i can find them.
    Who i can fix the screen resolution?
    Neither "AttansicL1eEthernet ,RealtekR1000.kext work for me for my network.

Sorry for my english.

Carpe_Diem_Rjr, Jul 11, 2009
  13. mjrascoe

BetaHal

Tried the file RealtekR1000.kext, only to find that the AttansicL1eEthernet is the one that works on my D150. There may be different versions of the machine out there, or maybe a working machine needs both kexts. Go figure. By the way, Time Machine won't work until you have a functioning ethernet adapter! ;)

BetaHal, Jul 12, 2009
  14. mjrascoe

hDy

updated my post to reflect your findings thx for the info :)

hDy, Jul 14, 2009
  15. mjrascoe

hDy

Its under system drivers, Intel Section just check the box for GMA950, it will install 3 drivers don't worry about that, the system uses the right one. Then you will have the 1024x600 resolution :) As for the ethernet not working, are you using a kext installer to make sure they install properly? All this information is covered by myself earlier in this thread aswell, I'd recommend you read it :)

hDy, Jul 14, 2009
  16. mjrascoe

sniper69

Here is a foolproof way of installing iatkos v7. This is a combined tutorial of work done by picchiant and Aboshi at insanely mac. I did it this way and have it working on my A150. I can give the link to the thread at insanelymac if it doesn't violate any rules here (if people want the link there).
    Here is the procedure:

Acer Aspire One - A150 (bcm94321MC wireless card installed) 1.0gb ram / iAtkos_v7 / Leopard 10.5.7 (video, sound and wired network working)

Plug in your now bootable OS X Flash Drive, USB DVD, or USB HDD (depend on what medium your using for the install) Turn on the acer 150 and press F12. Now select the Flash Drive, USB DVD, or USB HDD you want to install from and keep pressing F8 and hit enter. If you do not keep pressing F8 you will white screen with an apple logo and then the system will reboot so make sure you keep pressing F8 when booting off of your drive! you should see a command line with boot:
    now at the command line with boot: type cpus=1
    it should look like this boot: cpus=1
    then hit enter and you should boot into the OS X installer pretty fast if your installing from a flash drive. You can also use the -v command before cpus=1 this will show you any messages if you need to figure out what went wrong (if anything went wrong) Example: boot: -v cpus=1
    If you get a panic and the system reboots or your stuck at a white screen with a circle with a slash going through it, just reboot and try again. (note I have installed iatkos on both a hp mini and on an A150I am trying to remember if I needed to continue to press F8 with the acer - I know I did when I installed iatkos on the hp mini but not sure if i did on the A150).

1. The installer will now begin. Wait at the apple logo until a language selection screen is shown. Select your language and hit next.
    2. Go to the top of the screen where it says utilities. From this menu select "Disk Utility"
    3. Click on the Acer's Hard drive in the left pane.
    4. Click on the "erase" tab
    5. Under Volume format, select Mac OS Extended
    6. Click Erase
    (NOTE from Aboshi's tutorial: If you plan on ever dual booting or wanting partitions on your drive, now is the time to do it. You wont be able to partition/resize your drive after the install. If you would like to dual boot, go to the partition tab on you HD, and click the + button. Add a partition any size you like and assign it as "Free Space". You can format it later)
    (My note - - -there are other methods of setting up a dual boot and XP or whatever else should be set up first)
    7. After erasing is complete, exit the disk utility
    8. Now click next and select your newly erased hard drive as the destination.
    9.On the next screen you will see an option at the bottom that says "customize". Click on it and apply the following patches:
    + (Expand)
    * (Select)

*iatkos v7 Main System (Installed By Default)
    +Bootloader
    *Chameleon v2 (Installed By Default)
    +X86 Patches
    +Decrypters (Unselect AppleDecypt)
    *Dsmos (Select)
    +Kernel
    *9.50.0 KernelVoodoo (Select)
    +ACPI
    *x86 ACPI (Select)
    +Drivers
    (Skip VGA) NOT APPLICABLE TO ACER ASPIRE ONE A150 or D150 - Below is the Correct procedure to install the video with the proper resolution.
    +Sound
    *Voodoo HDA driver (Installed By Default)
    +System
    +PS/2 Mouse Keyboard (Only Select One)
    *Apple Ps/2 Driver (Select)
    +System
    *Laptop Battery (Select)
    +Network
    +Wired
    realteck 1000
    +Wireless
    *Broadcom BCM43xx (Dw1490,Dw1390,Dw1395, Dw1500) (Select) This Kext is only if you have already Purchased The(Dw1490 Cards).
    *Post_Install Actions (Installed By Default)

That's it you can now continue with the installation.

Install will take about 15 mins. your computer will reboot when the install is finished.
    Once the install is finished you will have a nice new shiny boot screen =) this is chameleon 2.1 RC you should see the Chameleon on top =)
    At this point everything will work out of the box but the screen will be stuck in 800x600 with no selection for other resolutions yet so we will fix this in advance (or at least prepare to install proper video drivers).

You can also boot into OS X at this time first if you want to setup your account first then follow the steps below

So now that OS X is installed when the Acer 150 reboots you will see the Chameleon boot loader. press any key to enter setup. Once you press any key you then type -s (you should see boot: -s on the bottom left hand side of the screen), now press enter and it should boot you into single user mode.
    with you get the command prompt it will look like this:
    :/ root#
    now type /sbin/fsck -fy and press enter
    after it does its thing type: /sbin/mount -uw / and press enter
    don't forget that / after -uw or you will not have write access. (also make sure to put the space between the w and the /).

Do this exactly to make things easier
    Type: cd System/Library and press enter
    Type: rm -r Extensions.mkext and press enter
    Type: cd Extensions and press enter
    Type: rm -r AppleIntelGMA*.* and press enter
    Type: rm -r AppleIntelIntergrated*.* press tab and it will fill in the rest for you and press enter
    Type: shutdown -r now
    This will remove the kext cache and all of the Intel Graphic drivers because they do not work correctly (stuck at 800x600) and the system should now reboot. If all went well you should be at the screen to enter in all of your info and user account =)

Once you are at the desktop of OS X you can now install the video drivers from the Display Package Aboshi put together (I take no credit for the actual Drivers).
    These are located at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... t&id=51803

OSX86 tools can be downloaded from http://www.heavyhackintosh.blogspot.com ... 10150.html

You can download them directly or download them on another computer and put the files on a flash drive or cd (which I did), just make sure to copy them to the Desktop to make things easier.
    Once you extract The above two downloads to the Desktop you should have these folders:
    OSXTools1.0.150
    First
    Second

Now Start OSXTools and click install kexts
    browse to the dir First and select all (3) kexts
    and click install.
    After the kexts install with will pop up asking to reboot DO NOT REBOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if you reboot you will have to go into single user mode again and remove all the files again SO DO NOT REBOOT YET! CLICK CANCEL
    Now open the folder Second and click on GMA950.pkg and a setup window will pop up.
    click continue, click install put in your password if you have one and proceed. after the install you can now reboot.
    reboot with flag -f (IMPORTANT THE FIRST TIME) then you can reboot without any option in the future.
    Once you reboot you should be back at the OS X desktop but now with working 1024x600 resolution! you can now enable Quartz.

Enable Quartz
    To enable Quartz open OSX86 Tools and click the Enable/Disable Quartz GL button. It will tell you the current status. If its disabled, feel free to enable it by clicking the button that says "Enable Quartz GL". after Quartz is enabled the system will need to rebooted.

You should now be fully working on OS X 10.5.7

Once again - - many thanks to picchiant and Aboshi for their tutorials. This is a combination of their tutorials into something that works great! Hopefully this will help to make things easier.

sniper69, Jul 31, 2009
  17. mjrascoe

krlbcn

what about updating directly through software update app? would it crash it? i'm also using the temporary fix for atheros wireless cards so i want to know the chances of it gettin crashed
    thx

krlbcn, Jul 31, 2009
  18. mjrascoe

chulaida

Excellent guide! All works but sleep. BTW: Any progress on the sleep functionality? Anyone?

chulaida, Jul 31, 2009
  19. mjrascoe

sniper69

I haven't tried software updates yet. I am not sure how things would go with voodoo instead of the vanilla kext installed. Maybe someone will have the answer.

Maybe insomniax would do what you want, but not sure as I haven't tried it yet.

sniper69, Jul 31, 2009
Ask a Question