i want to switch to XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by acer4xero, Oct 16, 2008.

1. acer4xero

acer4xero

i bought my acer a few weeks ago and im starting to feel the pain of linux i never thought id say this but i had more fun battling spyware and viruses than figuring out how to work this operating system

my AAO only has 8 gb of memory so i am unsure about if i could have xp

i know there are alot of threads about changing to xp from linpus but i dont understand them so if you have any advice for me you need to describe it as if you were talking to a sheep

i have no xp software so i was wondering if i could download it somewhere or what ever

all i have is a 2gb flash drive (which i have used to recover linpus after breaking several times)

ty if you have any help

acer4xero, Oct 16, 2008
  2. acer4xero

PM5K

All I can say is that 8GB is plenty for XP, you can do an nLite install and with a few modifications here and there it will take up less than 1GB of drive space.

PM5K, Oct 16, 2008
  3. acer4xero

Kei

Well i dunno how much help i can be but you should sell your aao on ebay take it back say it is faulty or get rid of it running xp on that is going to be a pain in the ass to get tweaked and running decent enough maybe if you do the zif hdd thing and you do not need alot of space well there is an option but really i do not believe the effort to get xp on the SSD changing drives and crap is not worth it.....

Kei, Oct 16, 2008
  4. acer4xero

ndrosubiyanto

ndrosubiyanto, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question