I need some suggestions on a laptop for my 6yr old son, having a hard time finding the right one.

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by budmonster, Jan 8, 2016.

1. budmonster

budmonster

I've been trying to find a laptop for my 6yr old son for some time now. He wanted one for Christmas so I went to Best Buy and quickly picked up one to make him happy, basically just to try out until I found one that felt like a good deal. I found this Toshiba Satellite Radius Laptop for $529. I wanted to stay in the $500 range, anything lower was a horrible laptop but anything better was $800 at Best Buy.

He needs something for light gaming, example being Minecraft. He'll be watching movies and using the internet a lot for his homework. As him being a 6 year old and most kids having no patience, a laptop that'll do task quickly is probably important. Touchscreen is a great plus for him but if not having a touchscreen will help my search and save me a good bit of money then I'm not open to it but that laptop is much easier for him to use with a touchscreen available. Backlit keyboard is useful as well. 500gb hard drive minimum, a 7200rpm one would be nice but I understand is hard to find. A laptop that I can easily open and upgrade would be a big plus. Down the line if he needs the memory upgraded or a larger hdd or an ssd.

I'm open to suggestions, I really want to stay in the $500 range but want to get him something that he can use past kindergarten. I have about a week before I can't return that Toshiba laptop anymore. I don't know if I should keep it, if it's a good deal or if their is something better out their for the price I paid?

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated :)

budmonster, Jan 8, 2016
Ask a Question