I guess we need to take windows off our machines...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Veazer, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Veazer

Veazer

I know, we thought we had windows running so well but i guess we're wrong. Thanks to this genius, i'm now informed that my machine is not working:

http://linux-watch.com/news/NS7955116339.html

He's bases everything on a stock installation on a slow SSD with zero optimization. I like linux a lot, but i'm so tired of guys like this who's only intent of writing articles is to take a stab at MS. People like this have no business writing "news" articles. It's a bunch a biased B.S....

My favorite quotes:

"Today, it turns out, XP is hardly usable on netbooks."
    Let's see... my machine boots in about 27 seconds... in and out standby in less than 2... Runs loads of apps simultaneously without a hitch, plenty fast.. plays 720p h.264 movies, etc. etc.. Wait! Remind me again why my computer is hardly usable?

"Fearing a virus or other problem, we took the machine in to a local shop specializing in fixing Windows OS installations."
    Are you joking? How can you call yourself an expert and then go running to the local fixit shop because you think you have a virus?

"Heaven help those with XP versions, though, unless they know a lot more about Windows than I do (admittedly, I haven't really used Windows in 10 years)."
    Don't worry, we know more than you.

Veazer, Nov 10, 2008
  2. Veazer

rory

one word:
    d*ckhead

rory, Nov 11, 2008
  3. Veazer

scottro

Well, Linux folks like to talk about how bad Windows is.
    Windows folks like to talk about how bad Linux is.
    BSD folks like to talk about how bad both of them are.

How does that song go....

My milkshake brings all da boys to the yard,
    And they're like, it's better than yours
    D**n right, it's better than yours,
    I'd teach ya but I'd have to charge

Subsitute milkshake with O/S
    Substitute boys with geeks

Hrrm, does it help put it all in perspective?

scottro, Nov 11, 2008
  4. Veazer

Kei

Really this guy is just a jackoff he wants a credible article when he voices he runs to a fixit shop and he has not used windows in 10 years.....I dont even use anti virus apps no viruses on my end....amatuers

Kei, Nov 11, 2008
  5. Veazer

Veazer

Yeah, but you forgot the Mac users that think we're all lowly peasants. ;)

Veazer, Nov 11, 2008
  6. Veazer

daldred

Well, quite. It's rather similar to some of the 'Linux isn't ready for the big time' article written by people who haven't used Linux before! (In fact I wondered whether it was a deliberate parody to start with).

Neither is really relevant to reality: it's like arguing whether German or French is the better language. If you're used to speaking French, German grammar doesn't work for you out of the box: everything's in the wrong place. If you're used to speaking German, it's obvious where everything should be, so the French is, of course, clearly incomprehensible. In fact, both have their advantages, and it's largely a question of choice - until one decides to go for world dominance..... :)

daldred, Nov 11, 2008
  7. Veazer

Kei

not understanding the interface is acceptable not researching is just di*cking around....

Kei, Nov 11, 2008
  8. Veazer

scottro

Naw, I just got too lazy to add them in. :)

scottro, Nov 11, 2008
  9. Veazer

Guest Guest

"In the land of the blind, an one eyed person is King" :geek: free translation from Dutch :lol:

Guest, Nov 14, 2008
  10. Veazer

eagle00789

i have both systems running on my AA1 and are both working like a dream so indeed that article is bullsh*t and the writer of it should be punished by using windows for the next 10 years :p

eagle00789, Nov 14, 2008
Ask a Question