I’m disappointing from aspire one 751 and aser

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by lios, Sep 21, 2009.

1. lios

lios

Hi to all am 29years old and from my 16 I have change 6 laptops and all of them is acer models!

Am very happy with all models except my last aspire one 751!!!

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! acer teem what is this? 395euros in Greece for a net book with 1366x768 screen that can not play hd videos? And not only the hd videos!!, If I play a non hd video 624x352 resolution, the player (any player ill try them all) display the video with large pixels! When I play on full screen!! Not only the video, but subtitles too! And player osd menus!

If I play the sane video file to aspire one 110 and to my desktop witch have 1680x1050 display plays without large pixels!

THE NEW BIOS WHAT CHAGES????

I WAND ACER TO REPLY ON THIS!!! I WAND TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!

lios, Sep 21, 2009
  2. lios

Eosblue

Why would Acer reply to you from this form as it is a USER forum? You might try www.acer.com in their tech section where there is a "contact".

Regardless, the 751 IS WHAT IT IS. Its not a powerhouse computer for starters. The price should have told you that. Also, the class it in "netbooks". As far as I can tell, netbooks are lightweight units for accessing the internet when on the go. While they will run Word, Excel, PLEASE, no heavy lifting. As to video, if it was designed for running HD movies, perhaps it would have been called a "moviebook" or a "videobook".

BECAUSE you didn't do your homework, you bought the wrong kind of computer. It's not all bad though as you should be able to sell it for maybe a $50 loss and move on to a power laptop. Perhaps you had too much retsina before you laid you hard earn money on the table.

Eosblue, Sep 22, 2009
  3. lios

shadz

Use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema) and u will be able to watch movies without bad pixels.
    http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

To watch HD movies 100%, install powerdvd cyberlink 8 and use MPC-HC with external filters, add the CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder there and :D

shadz, Sep 22, 2009
  4. lios

jbzspace

I recently purchased the 751u-1351. There is a brushed aluminum panel to the right of the track pad that shows the attributes of this netbook. One of the images is "1366x768 HD" which in my mind implies that it plays HD video. The first thing I did is go to Vimeo, the HD hosting site that features mostly 720 HD pieces mainly from indie artists and production groups. I need a small laptop to travel with and be able to preview my partners' latest pieces. The result was total rubbish. So I went to You Tube to see the non-hd versions. Terrible, even ten feet from a 5MB/sec wifi router.

So guys this is indeed not a video playback netbook. A big part of the net experience is viewing videos on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo etc. So this really is not a netbook. It is an attractive piece of rubbish. I'm taking mine back....it IS defective.

jbzspace, Sep 22, 2009
  5. lios

jbzspace

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Another important Internet feature is SKYPE. How the heck do you get the camera to work with SKYPE? This isn't a computer it is a project. It reminds me of the very old days of computing.

jbzspace, Sep 22, 2009
  6. lios

Bols

* It is not aluminum, it's plastic :)
    * HD stands for High Definition, referring to the number of pixels on the screen.
    * It does play HD video perfectly(H.264, bluray-rips), but not HD flash videos through the browser (youtube/vimeo)
    * It plays non-HD flash videos (youtube/vimeo) perfectly, but you have to slim it down a little first. Remove virus programs, google desktop, and all other crap. Install the latest GMA500 driver from acer support. Turn off Dolby Headphone in the audio control panel. Install flash blocker in your browser, so that no other flash programs are playing in the background when you are playing a video. If you are running on batteries, do NOT use the "max battery" power profile...that won't help battery usage at all, but it will throttle down the CPU to half speed.

Bols, Sep 22, 2009
  7. lios

jbzspace

Thanks for the advice Bols.

Not Aluminum. I'm bummed.

I installed Media Player-Home Cinema and .mp4 filess right out of our on-board cameras look and sound very good, however with a little mild audio stuttering at times. I'm not able to locate anything that addresses Dolby Headphone in the Vista Home Basic Control Panel. I deal mailnly with Macs but have some experience with XP and know wher to find headphones there.

Also, would yopu happen to have a link to the Acer GMA500 drivers?

jbzspace, Sep 22, 2009
  8. lios

Bols

All drivers can be found here http://www.acer.no/acer/service.do;jses ... 3005844799

Select "Netbook", "Aspire One" and then AO751H. Then select your operating system.

The Dolby headphone can be turned off in the realtek control panel. If you have a little red loudspeaker icon in the system tray (bottom right of the screen), open that and see if you see the dolby symbol somewhere. If not, see if you see anything "Realtek"-related in the control panel.

Bols, Sep 23, 2009
  9. lios

Eosblue

What's the easiest way to see if my drivers on my 751 (purchased in June) are previous versions?

Eosblue, Sep 23, 2009
  10. lios

Bols

I mostly use Device Manager (right click "My Computer", and select "Manage", then select Device Manager). Select properties for one of the devices, and then select the driver tab. The version can usually be compared to the file name in the acer download page.

Bols, Sep 23, 2009
Ask a Question