HP x360 no lights no charge

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Rod_McC, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Rod_McC

Rod_McC

I have checked the ground circuit from the charger plug to the battery connection which is good. I have traced the positive 19 volts and losing it in this area . There are a few suspicious spots I see, but wondering if anyone has any advice or schematics?
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

Rod_McC, Oct 9, 2023
  2. Rod_McC

james874398345

Since you've verified the ground circuit is good, the issue seems to be with the 19V positive voltage getting lost somewhere along the way from the charger to the battery.

A few tips on further troubleshooting:

• Carefully inspect the motherboard for any damaged traces, burnt components, or corroded/loose connections around where the 19V is getting lost. Look for discolored or cracked PCB spots.
    • Check for continuity on the 19V line from the charger plug to the battery connector. See if you can isolate where exactly it gets interrupted.
    • Examine the voltage at various points along the 19V path and narrow down where it drops off.
    • Look up a schematic diagram for the laptop motherboard (usually available online) to understand the charging circuit path better.
    • Inspect associated components like fuses, resistors, inductors, and mosfets for any signs of failure. Test mosfets and fuses for continuity.
    • Consider reflowing solder joints on the 19V line with a heat gun in case of a cold joint.
    With some diligent troubleshooting and comparing to a schematic, you should be able to isolate the faulty component or connection causing the 19V to get lost. Let me know if you need any clarification or have additional details to provide.

james874398345, Oct 24, 2023
Ask a Question