HP Laptops

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ad.mike2016, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016

I have always bought HP laptops. I really like the brand and they seem to last a long time. I have run into a problem with the last two I purchased. After a year or so a bulge starts to occur at the bottom of the monitor where the screen meets the laptop. I did some research and it seems that there is one screw that acts as the pivot allowing you to close the laptop, and this is a common problem with HP's. In each case I had to remove the screen portion of the laptop and use an HDMI cable to use a monitor or my TV as the screen. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, did you fix the problem or just remove the screen? It is sort of a pain when your laptop does not have a built in screen as it really isn't a laptop anymore. Just checking to see if there are other solutions I do not know about.

ad.mike2016, Sep 1, 2016
  2. ad.mike2016

Corzhens

I am an HP user and my HP Elite is going on 3 years now without any major issues. Isn't that laptop of yours a lemon? The tech said that no matter how good the reputation of a computer manufacturer, it is like a car that sometimes come up with a lemon. Out tech in the office said that generally HP is good likewise with Dell and Acer but sometimes there are units of those brands with unusual issues like disconnected monitor and non-charging battery. Maybe you have to bring it to the shop for a clearer diagnosis. Good luck.

Corzhens, Sep 2, 2016
  3. ad.mike2016

KimmyMarkks

I have had several different laptop hardware brands... hp, Lenovo, dell and Samsung. HP is by far my favorite. It's build is so much more sturdy then the other brands I've had. I currently have a Lenovo touch screen and there are so many glitches with the touch screen feature. I also have a HP for work and it's never let me down. It is built like a rock (I carry to and from work) and nothing has broke on it yet.

KimmyMarkks, Sep 10, 2016
  4. ad.mike2016

vinaya

I have used more HP laptops than any other brands. HP is the brand that I can trust. When I switched the brand it was not because my HP laptop was giving a headache, I just wanted to try something new. Performance wise HP is better than many brands. Hp is also very durable.

vinaya, Sep 11, 2016
Ask a Question