HP Envy - Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue with Citrix - Tried Everything - SOS!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Genkuru, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Genkuru

Genkuru

Hello! I purchased a brand new laptop HP Envy, i7, 13th Gen, 32GB. It's been having issues with Internet connectivity for months. Speed test shows great speed, up to 400 Mbs. Sometimes though it's pending for 8-10 seconds. So generally, websites download pretty fast, and streaming video is fine. Not an issue when I use it for personal purposes. The issue arises when using the Citrix app to work remotely. The connection appears to be laggy and freezes often for a few seconds. Using Excel is just unbearable since it freezes for 2-5 seconds after each click, sometimes up to 20 seconds. What I have tried so far:

1. A similar HP Envy laptop of the prior generation does not have this issue. It demonstrates high-speed connectivity with Citrix the moment I switch to it from my new laptop every single time.
    2. No other device in the house has this issue with this Wi-Fi network
    3. I connected my laptop to my phone via Hotspot. The phone speed test is excellent, but the laptop speed/connectivity is the same bad.
    4. Worked right next to the router – the same bad.
    5. I used this laptop with a different Wi-Fi network at a friend’s house for 2 weeks in a row. Better, but the same issue persists.
    6. Filed a ticket with HP Support. After running all possible checks, they didn’t find anything and suggested reinstalling Windows.
    7. I reinstalled Windows, and guess what. The issue stands!
    If you have ever encountered the same issue or have ideas about what could cause it and how to fix it, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Genkuru, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Genkuru

simon3

If your HP Envy has Wi-Fi connectivity issues with Citrix, ensure your drivers and firmware are up to date. xfinity billing issues Check for any conflicting software or security settings. Disable power-saving options for Wi-Fi. Consider using an Ethernet connection for stability. If problems persist, consult HP support or Citrix forums for specific troubleshooting tailored to your device and network configuration.

simon3, May 18, 2024
Ask a Question