Hp dv6000, internal wiring wlan card!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by hair_energizer, Feb 23, 2014.

1. hair_energizer

hair_energizer

Hello, I disassembled my DV6000 in order to use a heat gun for a reflow of the graphic chip. After successfully bringing back the screen to life I started putting it back together. Now I'm stuck with a black and a grey cable that connect with the wireless card. They are soldered together and usually a silver metal tape connects them to the metal frame/chassis right below the keyboard. This piece of tape doesn't stick anymore. I assume it is necessary to establish a connection to the chassis for better wireless performance, or? Is it obligatory to connect to the chassis (safety) or could I just isolate it where it's soldered together so that it won't get in touch with any other component? In general, why do they use such a crappy tape? I can‘t imagine that this a solution for a reliable operation during many years. Better soldering it to the chassis?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    hair_energizer, Feb 23, 2014
  2. hair_energizer

something back

something back, Feb 23, 2014
  3. hair_energizer

hair_energizer

Thx, question is rather simple and applies for any laptop brand in general. Look at the picture attached. Hp makes an effort to increase wireless performance here, or? Otherwise they could just keep the isolation of the cables untouched. What's the purpose? I want to fully understand this...

hair_energizer, Feb 23, 2014
Ask a Question