Howto : use your Linux computer as a media center

Discussion in 'Linux' started by zinovsky, Apr 13, 2009.

1. zinovsky

zinovsky

Windows as mac has the ability to turn your computer into a media for linux there are a number of open source that can do this , Elisa is one of these open sources than can make you use your Linux computer as a Media center.
    The Elisa Media Center has many advanced features that will make your media center experience unique. It features an intuitive interface with a professional look and feel which can be easily used with a standard TV remote control.........Also Automatically detects iPods, cameras, hard drives, etc.., and automatically finds media from other computers on your local network and more other options
    Please see the howto install :

http://www.unixmen.com/index.php?op...media-center&catid=1:linux-tutorials&Itemid=2

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please if you need help don`t hesitate to post your question here. :)

zinovsky, Apr 13, 2009
  2. zinovsky

salman

Hi,

Does this work also on Linpus ? will be great if is woking on aspireone

salman, Apr 17, 2009
  3. zinovsky

zinovsky

Yes is working fore linpus :)

zinovsky, Apr 21, 2009
  4. zinovsky

Rickster1978

I've downloaded this onto my AAO and I cant seem to get it to run. It's appearing under multimedia but won't load when I click on it. I don't get any error messages or anything..... nothing happens at all.

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Please try to keep it simple lol, I get a bit confused with the linux speak sometimes.

Rickster1978, May 1, 2009
  5. zinovsky

meraip

Followed intructions on Unixmen, I get the same and cannot find any more info! Pls help..

meraip, May 8, 2009
Ask a Question