How useless is acer and their website

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by AspireOneChris, Nov 3, 2008.

1. AspireOneChris

AspireOneChris

Has anyone had any experience with acer or thier website ? to me it seems like the website is well below what is expected, and is really annoying if you try and find anything or simply try and use it. Dont get me started on how poor the staffs computer knowledge or skill is you'd have better luck asking someone who works the deli counter at tesco's. Anyone had a good experience ?

AspireOneChris, Nov 3, 2008
  2. AspireOneChris

kavlito

Re: How useless is acer and thier website

My AAO died 3 weeks after I got it. Before it died, the wifi card kept disappearing from the device manager. I dreaded calling Acer. However, to my surprise, I did not get a foreigner in another country. I spoke to a well mannered, very knowledgeable man who tried everything he knew of to try and get my AAO back up and running. Although we had no success, he also gave me all my options for service. One of which was to take it back to Best Buy where it was purchased as they are an authorized service center. After going to the Geek Squad, I opted to send it to Acer myself, as they quoted an extremely long turn around time of 5 weeks, as opposed to Acer's 10 days. When I called Acer back to set up the return, I spoke to a very polite and well spoken female who took me through a painless and quick registration and return process.

I am a PC repair tech myself, so I usually find it hard to deal with technical support calls and representatives with minimal knowledge and/or no experience who usually are reading from a script. And I absolutely despise dealing with outsourced, out of country technical support and customer service. I found none of this in my only dealings with Acer. Granted, I am extremely disappointed in my product. But, prior experience with more reputable companies only made those similar situations worse.

My only gripe is with the website. When I tried using their online service setup procedure, it stopped me after I entered my serial # and told me my only option was to take it back to Best Buy. However, that was not the case when I spoke to a live person. The website should have reflected that also.

Now, let's see if they keep to their turn around time quote, and, more importantly, resolve both of my issues.

kavlito, Nov 29, 2008
  3. AspireOneChris

flamingswrd

Websites for products are usually broken or they just point you towards calling someone anyway... :|

flamingswrd, Dec 1, 2008
  4. AspireOneChris

dskid807

My experience of the acer site, is that it's a bit too complicated to find just a driver easly. You have to go to the right subdomain on the euro site etc. but customer service is not dreadfully slow.

dskid807, Dec 2, 2008
  5. AspireOneChris

KiNG

may i ask when you were on the acer site, what where you looking for, and did you find what you were looking for.

KiNG, Dec 4, 2008
Ask a Question