How to set up Android from Windows

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Svecica, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Svecica

Svecica

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie where it comes to dual boot systems. I bought Acer Aspire One D255 a year ago and when I did set up of systems back then I chose to boot only Windows and I didn't set up Android at all. So now, I've became infected by all this Android "madness" going on so I've wished to set up Android now, from Windows, so I can boot Android on my Aspire whenever I want..

Can someone help me explaining what should I do?

:)

Svecica, Aug 14, 2011
  2. Svecica

mr.hands

in the start menu, there should be an android option, I believe it is called acer android-something. You click it, and then you just press next a few times, which will cause it to update. At the end you choose wether you like to start windows or android :)

mr.hands, Aug 21, 2011
  3. Svecica

pcgeezer

You can also run a live version of Android off a USB memory stick. You just have to chose boot off usb drive in bios. This keeps android installation off the hard drive if it's not already there. You can also install it with this method. Here's how...

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/22665/ru ... r-desktop/

Cheers.

pcgeezer, Aug 21, 2011
  4. Svecica

Svecica

Thank you mr.hands! I did exactly what you wrote and I managed to boot to Android.

Pcgeezer thank you for your help, but I already knew that option.. I wanted to be able to boot Android which I already have on my hard drive. ;)

Svecica, Aug 21, 2011
Ask a Question