How to require “password” when booting into Android?

Discussion in 'Android' started by curyous, Nov 4, 2009.

1. curyous

curyous

I have an Acer Aspire One AOD250 which comes with a dual-booting system with Android and Windows XP. When I boot into Android, it goes straight to the home screen without any verification of my identity, unlike Windows requiring a user password, or the funny grid that you get on some Android phones.

I want to ensure that if it gets stolen, that someone can't just turn it on and start reading my emails, etc. How do I do this?

curyous, Nov 4, 2009
  2. curyous

PaulC1

Likewise I wish to know if / how you can put a login screen on Android at boot?

PaulC1, Feb 23, 2011
  3. curyous

bapiah

Hi PaulC1 & curyous,

I'm not sure because I don't use AOD250 image, but it should be on setting > security & location may be?
    If u know any link that I can download AOD250 or AOD255 image please let me know so I can try out and report to you back.

bapiah, Mar 2, 2011
  4. curyous

donec

As far as I know the Android system is located on a chip and so you can not add a password to it and I don't think you can add software to it. The only way I can think of to protect you computer is to use a bios password for admin and for booting. This you would do in the bios under security. With this kind of password no one will be able to do anything with your computer without the password not even boot from and external drive.

donec, Mar 2, 2011
  5. curyous

PaulC1

Cheers Donec forgot about passwording the Bios!
    Think I'm giving up with android on the Aspire though, seems a waste of space to me. For the sake of a boot that's a couple of seconds faster I see no other benifits whatsoever!

Paul

PaulC1, Mar 9, 2011
Ask a Question