How to overclock Z530 of AspireOne

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by maunat, Aug 21, 2010.

1. maunat

maunat

Hi everyone,
    I've had my Acer Aspire One repaired by changing the motherboard. ùNow my cpu is Z530 but even is frequency is 1.66 Ghz SIW tells me that the real clock is 1.33 Ghz. Could I know how can I try to overclock the cpu, I mean could you suggest me a software or a way to increase a little bit the clock in order to understand if I can improve the performance of my pc?

Thanks,

MN

maunat, Aug 21, 2010
  2. maunat

samusishere

Well i too have the z530 as a replacement board. but, acer clearly stated that for "stability reasons" that the processor has been under clocked. So, to over clock your processor download a program called setfsb, and look for a clock gen that has a 365 number in it, very easy to find there is only one :) and just start raising the number on the right, i got mine up to 2 GHZ and it runs great! Be aware though the the overclock speed depends on your system so be careful, if your acer restarts after overclocking you know its then getting to hot and that you shouldtake it down a notch. hope i helped :)

samusishere, Aug 22, 2010
  3. maunat

maunat

HI,
    I tried to use setfsb version 2.2.134.98. When I laaunch this application, the main difference between the appaerence of my setfsb and the screenshots I can see in internet is that I can see the the sliding bar of frequency constrained to slide only on 7 positions. In other words, there is no possibility to continuosly move the cursor. Furthermore, even if I tried to move the cursor on one of this positions, according to SIW the frequency of my cpu still remains at the same value 1.33 GHz :(. So could you help me?

Which is your version of setfsb? Is it possible that my bios doesn't allow me to make changes? The bios version is 3211.

Thanks for your precious help,

MN

maunat, Aug 22, 2010
  4. maunat

samusishere

No its definitely not the BIOS, but i use version .88, the 88 is at the very end and the clock gen i mentioned before. and to be able to use over clock farther then toughs 7 notches you must click ultra.

samusishere, Aug 26, 2010
  5. maunat

maunat

Hi,
    now I have made a batch file in which I put the following command:

@echo off
    C:\Programmi\setfsb_2_2_113_85\setfsb.exe -w00 -s145 -cq[ICS9LPRS365BGLF] -q -i5

In this way it is possible to overclock the cpu at the start of windows.

Thanks,

MN

maunat, Aug 26, 2010
  6. maunat

chid

Is this worth doing? :)

chid, Sep 1, 2010
Ask a Question