How to Get Bluetooth Apple Keyboard to Work?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rendition, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Rendition

Rendition

Can someone teach me how to get my wireless bluetooth Apple keyboard to work on my Linux Aspire One?

What is the best bluetooth USB adapter to buy for the Aspire One? What Linux drivers do I need to download and install?

Rendition, Aug 28, 2008
  2. Rendition

mur_suti

This is my question exactly. The Apple keyboard is perfect for this device, fitting directly over the aspire keyboard. Not having the smaller keys however, the Apple keyboard relieves the cramped discomfort I have when I try to use the Aspire keyboard for any length of time.

I have a Kensington USB dongle which works fine with this keyboard in my Mac.

Many Thanks in Advance, if Someone Has Info on How to Do This.

mur_suti, Nov 11, 2008
  3. Rendition

fweigel

Pair the keyboard to your Acer. Determine the mac address of the keyboard. For example: 00:07:61:C4:01:71

Issue the command:

sudo hidd --server --connect 00:07:61:C4:01:71

(hidd -h will give you some help on the command, includes such things as --search)

Note: I haven't done this on the Acer, but have on other Fedora systems (with Logitech Mini-novi keyboard).

As a preliminary step, you will have to load the bluetooth drivers from this board, or the Acer bluetooth kit.

fweigel, Nov 12, 2008
  4. Rendition

PhilthyPhil

PhilthyPhil, Jun 5, 2009
Ask a Question