How to free up disk space??

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Ellie-Elz, May 5, 2017.

1. Ellie-Elz

Ellie-Elz

I have a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad 110s. It has 32GB of storage. I followed the set up screen instructions and then checked for updates. It gets 95% through the updates then says there isn't enough disk space.

I haven't loaded anything onto this laptop. No photos, no videos, no music, nothing, it is brand new, yet the hard drive is almost completely full.

I've tried disk cleanup and uninstalling the preinstalled games and apps but the storage is barely moving.

Please can someone help? I'm so frustrated.

Thank you in advance :)

Ellie-Elz, May 5, 2017
  2. Ellie-Elz

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

In the search section type in disk cleanup, and choose most of the things listed there
    “EXCEPT DEFENDER”

You can also choose to cleanup systems files through the same program again “EXCEPT DEFENDER antivirus”

Download a program called ccleaner and use it to cleanup normal files
    only if you still need extra space choose the registry option.

Here's a link to ccleaner.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/CCleaner_program_14447.html

something back, May 5, 2017
  3. Ellie-Elz

Tech_Man

Well, i am running the same problems like you with my Acer 10. The only thing that you could is moving your app to external drive. Move some important apps to external except some important apps such as Microsoft Office and Firefox. You might also want to use some portable apps which are not needed for installing. BTW, Windows is coming with built in feature to free some spaces. Just go to control panel, then system and security and choose free up disk space. Hope it could work.

Tech_Man, May 22, 2017
  4. Ellie-Elz

Laurence Burke

I'm also using CCleaner and its really great software and also good working.

Laurence Burke, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Ellie-Elz

OldPhil

CCleaner is great have been using it for many years, IMO do not use the registry cleaner many times they will cause issues. Another great product is PC Decrapifier it will remove the factory bloat ware.

https://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

Also look into Malewarebytes and Superantispyware they are also a must.

OldPhil, Feb 28, 2018
Ask a Question