How to create Apple ID

Discussion in 'Apple' started by vinaya, Apr 6, 2016.

1. vinaya

vinaya

I don't have apple products, therefore, I never have had felt a necessary of creating an Apple ID. However, recently, a friend asked me to create Apple ID for his iPhone. While creating the ID I found that you need Credit Card, however, my friend did not have credit card.

vinaya, Apr 6, 2016
  2. vinaya

IcyBC

That is odd, I didn't have to register a credit card when I first got my iPhone! I only use my email account to sign up and choose my own password. My son is 16, and he doesn't credit card either, but only use an email account, preferably Gmail, I believe!

The only time they need the credit card is when you are buying something from the app store. Try it again and skip that part if it lets you!

IcyBC, Apr 7, 2016
  3. vinaya

rz3300

I am pretty sure that I know what you are talking about with the whole credit card scenario. Every time that I have run into that, though, I have been able to restart and find a way to skip that option, so I think it is just a matter of something not loading on a certain screen. It might have changed though, but I did it not too long ago so I do not think that is the case. I could be wrong though...it would not be the first time.

rz3300, Apr 7, 2016
  4. vinaya

fcuco

You don't need a credit card and can skip that step by choosing "None" on the Billing Information part while creating the ID, you will only be asked to give out your credit card information again if you try to download a paid app or try to buy some in app content. The whole Apple ID requiring a Credit Card is a legacy remanent from when you created iTunes accounts to buy and download music. You can actually go ahead and create the Apple ID not from your phone but from a Web Browser by visiting the apple id part of the apple website. If I remember correctly if you do it from a browser they don't even ask you for payment information that you need to skip.

Goes without saying that without a credit card you are going to be unable to use paid apps.

fcuco, Apr 10, 2016
Ask a Question