How to copy/paste when it won't let me.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Bob D, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Bob D

Bob D

Hello,
    I know with Ubuntu, when I want to copy/paste something and it won't let me, I do crtl f2 and gksu nautilus. What's the equivalent in the Aspire One's Linpus?

I ask at the moment because I want to put my own images in the usr/share/xfce4/backdrops folder, and it won't let me paste or drag/drop anything there. I want to because when I use a desktop image stored anywhere else, when I restart it reverts to a blank desktop. When I use the ones in the default directory above, they always stay.

Thanks for any tips,
    Bob
    (Third day with my Aspire One and I'm liking it more and more!)

Bob D, Aug 21, 2008
  2. Bob D

rbil

sudo thunar

Cheers.

rbil, Aug 21, 2008
  3. Bob D

Bob D

Thank you!

Bob D, Aug 21, 2008
  4. Bob D

Guest Guest

I've noticed that when I copy some text or an image from a program, if I close the program the clipboard data disappears. Is there a way to prevent this?

Guest, Aug 21, 2008
  5. Bob D

retsaw

That is the way copy and paste works with X, I believe a clipboard manager will help you with this though. There is a review of the available ones here, in summery the best is Klipper, which is the KDE one, it should still work with XFCE though, and Clipman is the XFCE one which you might want to try first since the desktop is based on XFCE.

retsaw, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question