How to change boot order

Discussion in 'Linux' started by martipe, Jan 13, 2009.

1. martipe

martipe

hi, I am new to linux Linpus. My AAO, bought in Switzerland, does not allow me to change boot order to USB. If I press F12 while booting, the Boot Menu that appears only shows 1 IDE0 and 2 Network Boot Legaliced PCI Device as choices...!!?? what can I do? If I press F2 while booting, the BOOT tab shows several a boot order, but the entries are shown in "grey" and can not be modified with "up" and "down" keys!!?? Who has the same problem? what can I do??

martipe, Jan 13, 2009
  2. martipe

mattytee

This may not be your issue, but something to check nonetheless --

When booting to a USB CDROM, my AAO does not see it until the disk has actually spun up. I can go to the F12 boot order, put in the CD, and once it spins up, it then appears in the list.

However, USB sticks show up immediately, as does my external USB hard drive. Good luck!

mattytee, Jan 13, 2009
  3. martipe

Grim Squeaker

Silly question, but... is the USB stick/harddrive/whatever you are trying to use actually bootable and in your AAO ?

Grim Squeaker, Jan 13, 2009
  4. martipe

martipe

thanks for your replys!! ye, you are right: when I insert an USB Stick, then I can change the boot order (F12), since only then it shows!!

martipe, Jan 16, 2009
Ask a Question