How secure is yours?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Humphrey247, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Humphrey247

Humphrey247

I recently read an article on how an everyday citizen's devices are susceptible to online attacks and it has made me kind of paranoid. The only safety features I use on my laptop are my password and the anti-virus software. I honestly don't know how safe this makes me so I'd like to know what protective measures you guys take.

Humphrey247, Sep 18, 2016
  2. Humphrey247

something back

something back, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Humphrey247

acerme2

Besides installing the anti-virus and anti-malware, I also frequently clear cookies. I do online banking on my laptop and key in the OTP or one time pin which is sent to my phone instead of answering challenge questions.

acerme2, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Humphrey247

Corzhens

My laptop is pretty safe since it is an official issue and for official use only in relation to my job. I am discouraged to use it for personal matter so I rarely connect to a wifi. For my internet affairs, I use the smart phone or the home desktop. But speaking of security, malwares are very prevalent and it is not good to be naked (no protection) in the internet. If you have no funds to buy a licensed anti-virus then try installing the free versions that you can find in the internet. And with the password, it is advised that you change it regularly like every month.

Corzhens, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Humphrey247

Fuzyon

It's pretty hard to get your laptop hacked as long as you're careful, honestly. Yes, there is a lot of malware and trojans on the internet but have you ever thought about how do those enter your PC? As long as you don't download anything fishy you're set, so always be careful about the pages you go on and the domains.

Fuzyon, Oct 5, 2016
Ask a Question