How long it takes to full charge your battery?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by keepkool, Aug 5, 2008.

1. keepkool

keepkool

First I´m another Happy Acer One User,
    and this is my first post here,
    After read some good info here, Thanks ppl :)

Second I have a question that I cant found answear anywhere

My Battery is a UM08A72 - 2400mAh/45w
    and it gives me an average of 2h30m power (good)

But when I have no charge in Battery and charge it from 0% to 100%
    it delays 2:30m or more to full charge the battery (approximately, I can clock it),
    for me its seems strange that it takes so long to charge!!!

Maybe its normal that its takes so many time???

So My Question is simple

How long it takes to full charge your battery from 0% to 100%?

Currently Im charging it with power off from 0% to 100%,
    I will feed back the total time charge exactly in a few hours :(

Thanks in Advance for any Repply

keepkool, Aug 5, 2008
  2. keepkool

osdude

I'm no expert and probably much closer to a battery idiot. So take this advice with that in mind...

I don't let my battery go down to 0% as I've heard that's not good for LiOn to deep cycle like NiCd.

I've always thought the slower the charge, the better it is for the battery, but this may be antiquated information.

At a 30% charge, to get it to 90% it takes about 45 minutes (I think)

osdude, Aug 6, 2008
  3. keepkool

keepkool

First thanks for the repply :)

I will follow your advice and never goes to 0% with my bats again...

About the charge speed, after reading this I charge mine form 0% to 100% in 2h (+/-)

I Charge it Again with 30% and the charge speed is the same,
    So I concluded that
    1) this battery is very slow to charge
    or
    2) I´m a "big battery idiot"

maybe the second option LOL

keepkool, Aug 6, 2008
  4. keepkool

niem102

Are you charging it while using the One or while it's off? I noticed mine seems to charge somewhat slow, but I don't think as slow as you're saying yours does.

niem102, Aug 16, 2008
  5. keepkool

Mark83

the AC-Adapter has 1,6A and the battery 2200mAh/2400mAh. Then it will take 2 hours to fully charge the battery.

Charging the battery faster wouldn't be good for the cells, so I think it's a perfect compromise

Mark83, Aug 16, 2008
  6. keepkool

vinaya

My laptop battery gets 100 percent charged in 90 minutes. After my adapter got damaged when the voltage was high, I replaced another. The replaced adapter is also as good as the original one. My laptop is HP and the replaced adapter is Chinese made. My laptop battery is 4400 mAh

vinaya, Jun 9, 2016
  7. keepkool

ZoeZoundBarrier

I do not know exactly why but that is becoming a problem for me. There must be a huge problem with my battery or maybe even the cheap generic brand plug that I am using to charge my mac. The battery indicator at the top of the screen can say that I have 65% charged but it will be in red and shortly after go straight to sleep or even cut completely off if I do not have it charged into a socket.

ZoeZoundBarrier, Jun 13, 2016
  8. keepkool

Vash

My Microsoft Surface Pro 4 takes about 2 hours to get fully charged. Then it only last me about 4 hours ... for my use anyway. I most use Office and FireFox.
    So I guess the charging part is quite insufficient compare to the actual usage.

I just wish they can come up with more advanced batteries that require little time to charge while last a lot longer in use.

Vash, Jun 13, 2016
  9. keepkool

Corzhens

When I first drained the battery of my new laptop, I remember it took a whole day from zero to 100% full. The power of my laptop's battery is 7 hours, if I remember correctly. Now the battery's life is about 5 hours on a rough estimate and the charging time is maybe 8 to 10 hours or so (this is another estimate because I haven't drained the battery for a long time now). But generally, the charging of the battery is about twice the power's life. That means for your 2.5 hours of operation time, the charging should be longer than 2.5 hours.

Corzhens, Jun 18, 2016
  10. keepkool

IBMPC8088

For batteries of that capacity and rating, it should usually only take 1.5 to 2 hours at most to charge. it can vary based on the voltage and amperage rating and the type of charger circuit being used. Based on that and the efficieny of the battery, that'll determine how long it takes to charge usually.

IBMPC8088, Jun 18, 2016
  11. keepkool

sparkster

I have a brand new Lenovo G50-80. Bearing in mind that I've changed my settings and have turned auto-sync, automatic updates and all those kinds of features off and also use it at quite a low brightness setting, the battery usually lasts for about 4.5 hours while I'm using it consistently. Once the battery reaches 0%, it then takes approximately 2 hours for the battery to charge to 100% whilst it's switched on. If I shut down the laptop then obviously it charges faster.

sparkster, Jun 18, 2016
  12. keepkool

SirJoe

Too be honest I have never really timed it, I normally have a power socket were ever I use my laptop so i haven't had the need to time it.

SirJoe, Jun 18, 2016
  13. keepkool

Fuzyon

It probably takes around 2 hours to fully charge my battery while I'm still using my laptop for work/gaming, otherwise the battery is full in one hour tops. It actually charges pretty fast but I think my laptop charger has some issues (it gets hot really easy).

Fuzyon, Jun 18, 2016
  14. keepkool

IcyBC

My battery takes up to more than an hour to charge if I am using it while it is charging. Otherwise, it probably takes about 30-45 minutes to fully charged.

IcyBC, Jun 19, 2016
Ask a Question