How good are Toshiba laptops?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Sefie, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Sefie

Sefie

@Zalaria I can guarantee that Toshiba it's a great brand, much better than other laptop brands out there... A Toshiba laptop can easily offer you 5 or 6 years of service, if not more. It's a laptop made for rough use. I really recommend it. My first laptop is still around after 8 years, I had to get another one 2 years ago though, because it started to overheat. But a Toshiba laptop can easily pay for itself with all the years of service it can offer.

Sefie, Sep 30, 2015
  2. Sefie

IBMPC8088

I haven't had the best of luck with Toshiba laptops. Overheating and motherboard issues, dead dvd writer way too soon, and a few other problems like flashing the BIOS on the A series models. I've had other Toshiba products that fared pretty well over the years, but the laptops I've had over the years weren't one of them. The top 3 most broken laptops I ever received when repairing them in order were 1) Toshiba, 2) Sony Vaio, and 3) Acer.

The laptops that were best for me over the years were 1) Asus, 2) HP, and 3) IBM/Lenovo. If you get a good system and take care of it well, it will last longer than any laptop that isn't. I've had unusually high numbers of Toshibas with motherboard and overheating problems, so I usually try not to pick those up if people are doing trade-ins or I find one for sale that is affordable just because of what I've had to put in to get them back in order again. You may have a better time though, especially if it's a model that they invested better engineering design and quality parts into for you.

Some Toshiba laptops will be better than others, just like some HP and Dell models have features, strengths, and weaknesses that the others do not. As a consumer looking to get a new one, always be sure to research the model of the Toshiba that you want to buy. User ratings and reviews from people who have bought the exact model you're interested in can be extremely helpful to tell you about it and how it handles things before you make the decision to buy. It can tell you what to watch out for with that particular model, too.

IBMPC8088, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Sefie

vinaya

The first laptop ever made was Toshiba. It is very powerful laptop, performance wise and durability wise. Power back up is better than most of the laptops. Since Toshiba is a Japanese laptop,you can completely rely on this machine.

vinaya, Feb 9, 2016
  4. Sefie

Jonah_JJ

I'm writing this from a Toshiba Satellite right now. I only bought it a few months ago, and it hasn't given me any problems yet. The sales person told me it was a good laptop, and it was on sale. She also recommended another type that I'd never heard of but I always thought Toshiba was a good quality company so I went with this one. I didn't realize that the first ever laptop made was a Toshiba. Knowing that gives me a lot more confidence in this brand.

Jonah_JJ, Mar 9, 2016
  5. Sefie

rz3300

Well I cannot say from any personal experience, but I do have a friend who uses one and he swears by it and I am pretty sure that Toshiba is all he has used, so that is saying something. I feel like we all those brands that we tend to stick to out of familiarity and all of that, so I am sure that this is no different. With anything, just make sure you do your research and really test anything out before you make a purchase.

rz3300, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Sefie

djtech

I was always told by IT guys about how good Toshiba laptops were for office use. And when I bought my satellite, I didn't know whether it would be a good buy or not, even though I had researched it. So far so good. Toshiba laptops are tough. I mean if you want to get some heavy work out of your laptops, get a toshiba.

I know that Dell is a big favorite. But, if you have a lower budget, go for Toshiba.

djtech, Mar 17, 2016
  7. Sefie

vinaya

Toshiba is better than most of the laptop brands. Toshiba is not a brand with beautifully laptops with sleek designs, however, Toshiba excels in performance and duality. Toshia is a Japanese brand and Japanese are good with hardwares.

vinaya, Mar 30, 2016
  8. Sefie

UpgradeMe

My worst experience was with a toshiba. The charger died. The battery died twice in the same span as most other batteries dying once. The screen had a weird issue where it would kind of pixelate for no reason for less than half a second, but hell yeah I noticed. I broke the J key by typing on it, and it eventually overheated one day and just never turned back on. I know some people have had good experiences, but toshiba is never getting another $ of mine after that service rep tried to tell me there was "no way" it had that many problems. EXACTLY LADY, EXACTLY.

UpgradeMe, Mar 31, 2016
  9. Sefie

aymelol

My first laptop was a Toshiba. Perhaps it's because I was young and inexperienced when I had it, but it wasn't the best laptop. Well now that I think about it, it was actually a really good one. I dropped it at least twice. The first time, it was fine, the second time not so much. My biggest issue with it was that the AC adapter would burn out, so I went through three of those before the computer refused to turn on at all. If I had been more careful with it, I'm sure it would've lasted me longer, but I still had a good three years with it.

aymelol, May 25, 2016
  10. Sefie

vinaya

I know Toshibas are good laptops, however, I have never owned Toshiba laptops. My current laptop is HP. I have been using the same laptop since few years and now I am ready to change my laptop. I am thinking to buy Toshiba, which model, I am still researching.

vinaya, Jun 3, 2016
  11. Sefie

glreese

I had a Toshiba for 3 years while I was in high school. My parents got me a new lenovo laptop when I went to college and my mom started using my old Toshiba. It works perfectly fine for her. The battery life was not the greatest. Also it was pretty bulky and heavy. But I wanted a big one so I could watch movies. Also that was 4 close to 5 years ago.

glreese, Jun 6, 2016
  12. Sefie

Twinflower

It's all down to personal choice. Look at online reviews for a balanced view point

Twinflower, Feb 28, 2018
  13. Sefie

OldPhil

I am typing on a 6 year old Toshiba that my other half bought me when I got home from surgery in early 2012, the battery lasted a little over 3 years looks like the second one will go a bit longer. Mine is the C855-S5247 it came with 6g ram, I put an Samsung SSD in about 6 months ago. The performance boost was amazing, I think it has proven it's self to be among the best showing no signs of giving up!

Phil

OldPhil, Feb 28, 2018
Ask a Question