How do you keep your passwords safe?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Hi guys! I was wondering how you guys kept your passwords safe :) I have several passwords, but instead of using one of those softwares that are supposed to help you store all your passwords (I don't really feel comfortable storing passowrds in a software that can be hacked) so instead of that I just use a simple paper notebook. I have been doing that for years, so far so good :) What about you?

Sefie, Jun 28, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Sefie

LilAnn

I have 4 different passwords that I use on various sites. Which one I use at any given moment depends on several factors. But as long as I have those 4 memorized I'm good.

LilAnn, Jun 30, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

That sounds like a good system! Do you change them every 6 months or every year? You know, just to be on the sure side, in case someone guesses it or steals one of them.

Sefie, Jul 8, 2015
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

Like you, I keep my passwords in a notebook along with trying to memorize them. I don't use any software to store them. I change them up once in a while too just to be on the safe side.

IcyBC, Jul 18, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

That is nice! Be careful though, last time I went on a trip I came back and I couldn't find my password sheet anywhere. Of course no one had anything to do with it. I now keep mine is a secret place under lock, Because I admit I wasn't careful, I'm pretty sure my mom just threw it away.

Sefie, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:So do I use a paper notebook for my logins and password. I keep a log of what sites I visit and where I'm signed up. I try to put the date on my sign ups too. I like keeping a log for my passwords as well so I won't loose them. I have different sites and some I make money with so I keep them separate from social e-mails. I like having different e-mails for different things. For me it's easier to keep tract of all my doings on the web with a notebook that I carry with me all the time.

Krissttina Isobe, Nov 10, 2015
  7. Sefie

CreoleQueen777

I keep them under lock and key inside my diary. I always mark down when I made the password and update my diary as soon as I change one.

CreoleQueen777, Nov 16, 2015
  8. Sefie

thess

You can think of something that's a little difficult or out there so people won't be as likely to think of them. But you can also change the password every couple of months. I used to use a notebook as well only if I had many different passwords I had to remember for different sites.

thess, Dec 6, 2015
  9. Sefie

Sefie

Well, yes, I try to be creative with my passwords and so far no problems. I am specially careful with the sites I get a service from and so on. I change my passwords every 6 months or so, some more often than others ;)

Sefie, Dec 11, 2015
  10. Sefie

Sefie

That sounds like a really nice idea! I'm guessing we are talking about a physical one? I'd do the same thing, if only mine wasn't an online one.

That is great, I also keep mine in a notebook because it has proved to be way safer than using one of those softwares that store passwords, way more trustworthy, specially if you know where to hide them :) I might change my approach now that I will be moving somewhere else.

Sefie, Dec 11, 2015
Ask a Question