How do you create recovery disks?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jinogungon, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jinogungon

jinogungon

I have a brand new aspire one (win XP) and i was wondering how to create a recovery disk because the eRecovery program only shows two options and they do not include making a disk

thanks for the help!

jinogungon, Aug 23, 2008
  2. jinogungon

Guest Guest

I might be wrong, it's only my 2nd post, but i believe you can not make a recovery disk, in which to recover the system from a cd/dvd, acer to do include this type of option. But as long as you don't mess with the acer recovery partition, you can recover from that partition when needed. If I'm wrong please correct me, i myself do not have a AA1 yet, but hopefully tomorrow i will get one from bestbuy.

Guest, Aug 23, 2008
  3. jinogungon

DiSK

The AspireOne comes with a recovery disk in the box for the Linux versions.You don't need to make your own.

For the XP versions, use something that can create an image of your drive, and then burn it to a CD, or transfer it onto an SD card. You will be able to recover from that.

DiSK, Aug 24, 2008
  4. jinogungon

jinogungon

ouch. that sucks. i wanted to make a recovery disk just to make sure that i have a backup in case the HDD failed.

thanks for the very useful info by the way!!

jinogungon, Aug 24, 2008
  5. jinogungon

mejgus

In the disk management console I can see two disks (Im on the A150 XP 120gb); one EISA configuration disk with no label, and the c: drive of 105 gb. Ok, well which one is the recovery partition? Or should I make an image of the whole C: drive, and in that case, do you guys know a software for this?

mejgus, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question