How do I link to network printer and network drive?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Phil2408, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Phil2408

Phil2408

I have the Linux AA1. My home system is a PC running XP Home, with a printer and external hard drive attached.

I have tried to map the AA1 to the printer. It goes through the wizard ok - the printer is recognised and the printer seems to install ok. When I try to print something, it gets sent to the printer (it is in the queue on the PC and the printer reacts) but nothing is printed. It just stays in the queue until I delete it.

The printer is an HP all-in-one pcs 1215. This does not appear in the list of printers on the AA1, but the 1210 does so I selected that. (They are very similar - they use the same Windows driver)

What have I done wrong?

Also, I would like to map the AA1 to a network drive - e.g. the external hard drive. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Phil2408, Sep 5, 2008
  2. Phil2408

Phil2408

The printer works fine when connected via USB.
    But it would be so much more convenient to connect via the network.

Phil2408, Sep 7, 2008
  3. Phil2408

guillekr

Same problem

I have similar problem. I would like to conect my AA1 by network to a Xp Pc which support my printer Hp1010. I don't know how to configure a linux /xp network. I'm also new in linux, so... easy please...

guillekr, Sep 8, 2008
  4. Phil2408

rbil

rbil, Sep 9, 2008
Ask a Question