How do I free up space?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by cliffdesu, Oct 24, 2008.

1. cliffdesu

cliffdesu

I bought my AAO recently that supposidley comes with 8 gigs, but when I first opened my AAO it said i have 3.6 gigs of free space out of 6.4(? i think, i'm away from my AAO, so i'm basing this off memory).
    Out of the box i have less than 4gigs of free space, why is this? Anyone know what i can delete (that's useless)? And how do i delete this stuff (i'm noob).

Help is appreciated.
    Thank you.

cliffdesu, Oct 24, 2008
  2. cliffdesu

dale

Hi there!

I think your OS is the linpus right? that's the default free space. maybe you're wondering why only 6.4 Gigs. The thing is that the acer recovery disc is set up to only use 6.5Gb of 8GB of the ssd. the missing 1.5 GB is seen as a partition. What i did to my AAO is installed xp and removed all the present partition to free up that 1.5 Gb and make it a full drive c:.

Dont know how to free up that 1.5GB in linpus though...

dale, Oct 24, 2008
  3. cliffdesu

Duncan_Rowland

4. cliffdesu

joseph

Try doing a search on this forum this question has been answered many times, you say your a noob if so take a little time to read posts on this forum you can not expect people to keep answering the same questions. Also try macles blogspot there are many links on this forum TRY THE SEARCH BAR and start learning

joseph, Oct 24, 2008
Ask a Question