How can I see bottom of window - ie Gimp options

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jamesb72, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jamesb72

jamesb72

I've searched for this and can't find an answer. If window is too large for screen it drops off bottom, this is often where the OK/cancel buttons are, so can't be seen - ie gimp options screen is like this.

I read that holding ALT while left click drag can move window off screen, but this does nothing for me, I can move windows off screen left/right/down without ALT and can't move window UP with or without it ?

Is there anyway to see bottom of large windows on Linpus ?

jamesb72, Oct 10, 2008
  2. jamesb72

daldred

You should be able to drag it up - are you trying to do so by alt-clicking on the window title bar? That won't work because the dragged pointer has to remain within the screen.

Alt-click anywhere on the window (other than on a button) and you should be able to drag the whole window around.

daldred, Oct 10, 2008
  3. jamesb72

donec

I found that if I resized the GIMP window and changed the Layers window so that all the possible selections were on a separate tab then I could resize that window also and then everything worked fine.
    [​IMG]
    The second small circle is the button you use to create tabs once the tabs are created then you can just delete the things that are under the layers view. Hope this helps. BTW for me this is acually better way of accessing the functions.

donec, Oct 10, 2008
  4. jamesb72

jamesb72

Ooops, yes I was clicking on the title bar (duuhh sorry) ! Thanks for explaining !!

UPDATE: This works perfectly, can't believe I was such a spacker not to realise this :)

jamesb72, Oct 10, 2008
Ask a Question