Hope it is at same price.:(

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by naeemsta, Jan 3, 2009.

1. naeemsta

naeemsta

hope this thing is at the same price or some 10$ extra :D over the original price.
    i am kinda sad that i just bought 18Hours ago an AA1 :(

naeemsta, Jan 3, 2009
  2. naeemsta

phatpinoy38

Don't worry.. I'm sure you'll enjoy your AA1 despite it only being 8.9". I'm enjoying mine a lot and it's only about a week old. I'm actually surprised to hear about this new 10". I happened to stumble upon it while looking through these forums. If it's anything like the current 8.9" models, I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes.

phatpinoy38, Jan 5, 2009
  3. naeemsta

yachtpro

Seems like every time something great comes along, something better is right behind it. I will stay with my AAO at the 9.5" screen and just not hanker for bigger, better, faster. It's a disease that I have come to live with, as in the early days I built my own desktops and was always in hock upgrading RAM, hard drives, monitors, etc. For the $319.00 (on eBay from a private seller, NIB) I paid for this 2.2 lb little dream, I don't NEED bigger, better, faster. Win XP, 160 gig HDD, 1gig RAM installed (I probably WILL go with the RAM upgrade) and I flog the heck out of it. Sometime two browsers running, with multi-tabs also, ACDSee 9 working graphics, Win Live Messenger active, and it doesn't skip a beat. I keep it clean, and by that I mean I empty the caches, etc. My tools include AVG Anti-Virus (free edition), Sygate (free) firewall, FreeRam XP Pro (free) and to top it all off and keep things running smoothly at the touch of a button, System Care 3.1 (free). I haven't added a dime to my original cost except to buy a good case and a keyboard light. I am the happiest I have EVER been with a computer since I have personally owned one.

yachtpro, Jan 6, 2009
  4. naeemsta

DonQuichote

:(

Well, it cannot exactly turn me on. The reason I bought the One was that it was the very first laptop in the nearby shops that came without the microsoft tax. The fact that it had a solid state disk was really nice too. The main drawback is the resolution of the display, not the size of it. So when I see the new specs, I see no reason whatsoever why I should buy it. It's worse than what I have in every aspect.

DonQuichote, Jan 6, 2009
  5. naeemsta

naeemsta

when is it making its appearance on the shops ?
    i want it to be damn cheap...

naeemsta, Jan 7, 2009
  6. naeemsta

meng

I suspect it won't be as cheap as Ones are right now, but it won't be too expensive either, or else it will price itself out of consideration. I got my One for AU$340 (factoring in manufacturing rebate), knowing that it's soon to be "obsolete".

meng, Jan 9, 2009
  7. naeemsta

naeemsta

Maybe tomorrow they will make an appeaRAnce in CES2009

naeemsta, Jan 9, 2009
  8. naeemsta

kram

I hope it is the same price too...but very doubtful :x Either way I just returned my AA1 that I bought at the end of novemeber. I want this one just because of the bigger screen. I haven't even seen a 10 inch display before in person, but I've heard that the couple inches really do make a difference. The constant scrolling was a bit annoying, so maybe this will help.

kram, Jan 9, 2009
  9. naeemsta

meng

I'm sure size is important ;) but if the screen resolution is unchanged, you'll still have to scroll!!

meng, Jan 10, 2009
  10. naeemsta

kram

oh well that sucks :( what is the benefit of having a 10.1 inch screen with the same resolution then? that seems completely pointless :?:

kram, Jan 10, 2009
  11. naeemsta

meng

My thoughts exactly, which was why I was quite happy to purchase the old model last month (also because I could get it with Linux pre-installed).

meng, Jan 10, 2009
  12. naeemsta

kram

hmm well I'm a windows user anyways, but I guess we'll see when things roll around. Maybe there will be some better netbooks that will be released soon too. I'm surprised there hasn't been any recent news about the new AA1. CES 2009 has already gave us glances of other future netbooks, such as newer generations of the EeePC, MSI, sony vaio p, etc. AA1 w/ 10 inch screen a rumor? I dunno, if I don't see anything I like, I will just get the old AA1. I kind of miss it right now..lol

kram, Jan 10, 2009
  13. naeemsta

naeemsta

but hey the new one is better IT has door access that makes it easy to upgrade HDD or ram :D

naeemsta, Jan 11, 2009
  14. naeemsta

DiSK

So, according to digitimes' source, the AAO 10 inch should only be $399? That's pretty good, considering that what most stores are selling the 160GB HDD with 1GB RAM, XP Home and 6-cell battery for.

DiSK, Jan 15, 2009
  15. naeemsta

naeemsta

OH YEAH HURRAY thnx for the info

naeemsta, Jan 15, 2009
  16. naeemsta

hemplacrosse49

Is it going to come with a six cell battery?

hemplacrosse49, Jan 15, 2009
  17. naeemsta

naeemsta

YES the news says so !!

naeemsta, Jan 15, 2009
  18. naeemsta

YourMum

Same Price, Pfft
    FTW !

YourMum, Jan 20, 2009
  19. naeemsta

naeemsta

lol i think its 50 $ more then the original :D lol.

naeemsta, Jan 21, 2009
  20. naeemsta

jeremysdad

Same price as Win XP/six-cell/HDD/8.9 inch model when it first came out, though...FWIW... :) Awesome...already convinced the GF that I need one when they come out...

jeremysdad, Jan 21, 2009
Ask a Question