Hiccups: diagnostics anyone?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by morci, Dec 12, 2008.

1. morci

morci

I'm experiencing a weird problem with my A110L: movies played with VLR or mplayer aren't as smooth as I would expect: every 3-4 seconds they seem to skip some frame. It looks like the system gets frozen for some milliseconds and then resumes normal operations.
    I'm also experiencing the same behavior with other applications but, of course, movie playing makes it more obvious.
    Do you know of any diagnostic program that I can use to monitor the performances of the machine and see what those "hiccups" are about?

Ciao,
    Davide.

morci, Dec 12, 2008
  2. morci

cpchan

I have very smooth playback with mplayer including HD video. Try doing this:

1. Backup and replace your /etc/X11/xorg.conf with my personal version here-

[attachment=0:2rz9fls2]xorg.conf.gz[/attachment:2rz9fls2]

2. put

Code:
    echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq
    in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local

3. Make sure you are using xv for the video output. You can eaither use the "-vo xv" option when starting mplayer or edit your /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf.

3. Reboot

However, YMMV since the version of mplayer that I am using is self compiled periodically from the mplayer developmental tree.

cpchan, Dec 12, 2008
Ask a Question