HIBERNATION AND STANDBY ISSUES

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by miohun, Oct 22, 2010.

1. miohun

miohun

I guess this is not exactly a hardware issue but similar posts have appeared in this topic, so maybe this is the place to raise it.

There are two weird things my netbook has been doing for some time:

1, When plugged in to the power, it would not hibernate properly, but hibernate and wake up immediately. This does not happen when it runs on battery.

2, If I click standby, it immediately shuts down - without shutting down Windows properly.

This is an AOA-150, with MS Win XP Pro SP2. The power options are properly adjusted. Disabling the webcam did not work. BIOS is version 3309. I run a1ctl but disabling it did not help either. Any ideas what might be causing these issues?

Thanks in advance!

miohun, Oct 22, 2010
  2. miohun

Swarvey Moderator

You mentioned it's an A150, does it have the SSD drive? How much space do you have free? Hibernation files take up a fair bit of space when hibernation is used.

You might also want to make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates including Service Pack 3 as there may have been bug fixes applied. Windows has always had standby/hibernate issues so you might still have a hereditary bug that a Windows Update might fix.

Swarvey, Oct 22, 2010
  3. miohun

miohun

It has a HD drive, 160GB, of which 30 is used.

miohun, Oct 22, 2010
  4. miohun

Swarvey Moderator

That's more than enough spare room on the drive, I'd suggest making sure you have all the available Windows Updates installed.

Swarvey, Oct 22, 2010
  5. miohun

miohun

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

miohun, Oct 23, 2010
Ask a Question