Help~!!Want to use "Dell 1505 WLAN" on 2nd PCI-E For AOD250

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tiger150, May 7, 2011.

1. tiger150

tiger150

Fist of all, I am so sorry to ask about this if it was solved in other post already.

I have an aspire one d250-1042, got it from wal-mart 2years ago.
    At that time I had a dell xps m1210 laptop also..

But one years ago my dell laptop died.
    I was wondering what part of the laptop that I can use for d250's upgrade.
    And found out d250 has empty second pci-e slot at the bottom.

The laptop had a "Dell wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN mini-card" which can fit
    in the slot. I thought it would be great if I can get N-range signal instead of G.

Well, it didn't work obviously. That is why I am writing here.

It didn't show up on my device manager(I didn't understand why and googled, found out "tape pin 20" method, no effect. Installed new drivers..didn't do anything.)

I gave up on it. And yesterday I just went to acer website and updated bios to newest
    version(It was v1.29). After reboot to windows, it showed me that new hardware has been detacted. And it was the Dell WLAN card that I totally gave up on it before.

I was so excited..but soon found out it is not searching the network.

While default atheros ar5007eg was working fine, the dell wifi adapter keeps showing that "wireless network unavailable" and if I search for available network, it only shows
    "No wireless networks were found in range. Make sure the wirelss switch on your computer is on, To see an updated list, click "Refresh network list.""

I disasembled the acer and without atheros adapter on it. It was still the same.

I found this posting blow
    "I have your Second Mini-PCIe FIX!!! for wifi.http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=15996&hilit=second+pcie+wifi"
    I couldn't make it, doing his way either.

Here is the image for the reference.
    [​IMG]
    Please, help me if somebody has the answer.
    It would be really great. Thank you.

tiger150, May 7, 2011
Ask a Question