Help! screen just noise. Cannot acces any programs!!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by comocho, Jan 27, 2010.

1. comocho

comocho

I've been using my Acer Aspire One ZG5 with Linux for almost a year now without problems, when 3 days ago, it started doing something strange. The screen (which is the navigation menu) has become fuzzy, similar to colored Tv noise. (here is a pic to show what I mean)

I cant get to the appllications themselves but when I click on files, they open with the proper app.

I don't even know if this is a hardware or software problem please help!!!

[​IMG]

comocho, Jan 27, 2010
  2. comocho

melhiore

Can not be hardware as you can see something on LCD. Also you saying that aplications are opening right - so hardware is fine. I would start from System Recovery...

melhiore, Jan 27, 2010
  3. comocho

comocho

Thanks but what do I do? I must admit, I'm a noob when it comes to this netbook. Any suggestions other than a total system recovery? I dont want to lose everything..... (About the recovery USB, is there a description of how to use it somewhere? all I found online was: Acer Aspire One with Linpus - Recovery USB Stick Ghost image. but that needs the Norton ghost program... how do I use it? )

comocho, Jan 27, 2010
Ask a Question