Help Rebooting My Aspire One D150BW With Xp Home

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Mark Richards, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Mark Richards

Mark Richards

Hi

my aspire one d150bw has been running painfully slow recently, ive had it a couple of yrs and have never had any problems with it until now, ive backed all my files up to my external hard drive and last night i got out my recovery discs and i was going to reboot, i put the disc in and it did nothing, i then searched on the internet to see if i was doing anything wrong and i found these instructions :

Recovery CD

* 1 Restart your laptop, and then press "F2" after the Acer logo appears on the screen to open the BIOS menu.

* 2 Select the "Boot" option, and then plug the external optical drive into one of the USB ports on your laptop.

* 3 Follow the instruction on screen to establish the device as "USB CDROM." Insert the recovery CD into the external drive then close it.

* 4 Press "F10" followed by "Enter" to save the changes and restart the laptop. The recovery CD will automatically boot up when the laptop turns on.

* 5 Follow the on-screen instructions to restore the operating system on your laptop.

i did all this time and time again but it did absolutly nothing except start up as normal, if anyone can offer me advice on how to reboot my notebook i will be extremely grateful.

thank you

Mark Richards

Mark Richards, Mar 26, 2011
  2. Mark Richards

donec

Hi Mark,

When you are running XP does it see your recovery CD and can you look into the folders on the recovery CD?

donec, Mar 26, 2011
  3. Mark Richards

Mark Richards

hi yes it sees my recovery cd and allows me to access it

Mark Richards, Mar 28, 2011
Ask a Question