Help my laptop is dead !

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Spike47, May 14, 2024.

1. Spike47

Spike47

Hi

HP Pavilion 15s -fqooo4na . serial number 5CD329BTHV.

HP Inc UK ltd.

The screen is flashing and nothing is showing on it I have reported the problem to Amazon and they are going to refund or send me another one, but I need to get my data from it , there is what looks like a mini sata ssd card in it, can't see anything else.

i have sata addapters for like 2.1/4 hard drives but nothing like the connection on this so I really want to know if I can remove what I think is the the ssd card and connect it to a mini sata to usb if there is sucha thing !.

cheers

Stanley

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    Spike47, May 14, 2024
  2. Spike47

zocarter

Stanley if you believe there's a mini SATA SSD card inside your laptop, you might be able to retrieve your data by removing it and connecting it to a mini SATA to USB adapter. These adapters are available, but it's important to ensure compatibility with your specific SSD type.

And once connected to another computer via USB, you should be able to access your data and back it up. If you're uncertain about the process, you might want to seek assistance from a technician or someone experienced with hardware to avoid any potential damage.

zocarter, May 18, 2024
    Spike47 likes this.
  3. Spike47

Spike47

Hi
    Thanks for your reply, have sorted it now, took the back off and disconnected the battery, left it for 30 mins, then switched on and it booted up ok, no idea what the problem was though

Spike47, May 18, 2024
Ask a Question