Help! My AAO won't turn on

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Chamorro Man, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Chamorro Man

Chamorro Man

The last time I used my AAO was on a Tuesday afternoon. I remember shutting it down and not using it again until Saturday afternoon(it's my "on-the-road" laptop). When I tried to power it up, the computer sounded like it was "trying" to start up, but then it would "fade" out. The screen remained blank the whole time, but the green LED light embedded in the power switch did come on and stay on--but nothing else happened. The battery icon was illuminated orange, so after a several attempts to start the laptop, I decided to leave it and let it charge up for about 90 minutes. When I came back, the battery icon was green, and I attempted several more power-ups; no luck (same symptoms as described above). Is it possibly a battery issue? Or do you think I have a more serious problem?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Chamorro Man, Apr 28, 2009
  2. Chamorro Man

Forone

My power button stopped working - sometimes dead and sometimes briefly start/stop - after I spilled wine and rinsed it with water. The cure was a little aerosol can of electrical contact spray (pure isopropanol solvent, no lubricants) sprayed into the button and through every opening I could find without actually cracking the case. It was pricey at about $15 Cdn but the Acer has been working good as new since (knock on wood.) Good luck.

Forone, Apr 28, 2009
  3. Chamorro Man

jerryt

Do Macles Bios Recovery as reposted here;
    viewtopic.php?f=66&t=13713

jerryt, Apr 28, 2009
Ask a Question