HELP! I bricked my AA1! How do i restore?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by BazookaAce, Dec 4, 2008.

1. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

Okay,

I installed Ubuntu on my A150 yesterday, an now, i was going to delete it from the system, since i'm most of the time using XP, so i read and followed a "guide" on the internet, and i deleted something! I tought i was the Ubuntu partition, but now, i can't get in to XP! When i start the computer it says:

"GRUB Loading stage1.5

GRUB loading, please wait...
    Error 17"

My AA1 is useless! It's only 1 week old! What to do?? How do i restore XP? How can i re-install it, or boot?? Please help me!

BazookaAce, Dec 4, 2008
  2. BazookaAce

solman

solman, Dec 4, 2008
  3. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

Update:

Before i saw your reply, i remembered that i still got Ubuntu on my USB-stick so i installed Ubuntu again, and it's working. But now i'm back to start, but now XP is gone. Ubuntu is using the whole HDD, so it's only one partition now. I don't really care about that, since i now can install XP from Ubuntu(?), and when XP is installed again, i can delete Ubuntu.

The only difference this time is that i will ask you guys on how to delete Ubuntu, and not the unknown dude at http://www.isuckbigtime.com (Don't click on the link. The site don't exist)

But do you, Solman, or somebody else know how i install XP from a bootable USB-stick from Linux? I'm a n00b at Linux and commands, so if somebody knows, make it painless for me! I don't know how to make a bootable USB-stick in Linux.

Or must i make a new thread about this?

Thanks for the reply Solman :)

BazookaAce, Dec 4, 2008
  4. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

I'm having a new problem now! :x When i'm putting my USB-stick in the computer it says:

"Must be superuser to mount"

So, my question is, WTF(!) is this s***? :cry: How can i access my USB stick?

Please help me! i'm begging you guys!

BazookaAce, Dec 4, 2008
  5. BazookaAce

info

I don't know the answer but I'm guessing that the XP partition should be visible using FDISK. At any rate, keep calm because it may still be there and you need to give your post a little time for people to see it. I know it's hard and really hope you can get XP back.

info, Dec 4, 2008
  6. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

The XP partition is gone. I installed Ubuntu on the whole disk. But i'm planning to get XP back. My only problem is that Ubuntu wont give me access to it! It says "Must be superuser mount". I've searched trough Google and the Ubuntu-forum, but i don't know how to do the things people says. I'm a noob at Linux and commands!

BazookaAce, Dec 4, 2008
  7. BazookaAce

lohtse

why don't you just mount TinyXP to your usb stick then boot to USB HDD by pressing f12 at boot up or borrow external cd/dvd drive and do same (cd/dvd boot up by pressing f12 )... Then just well install XP to the hard drive... hey presto you have a new XP installation and no linux...

just a thought....

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 4, 2008
  8. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

That's my plan Andrew, but, i can't mount my USB-stick to Ubuntu. it won't open. So i must find another computer or someting and do the downloading of XP and so on, make it bootable etc. on that, since i can't do it on my own computer.

BazookaAce, Dec 4, 2008
  9. BazookaAce

lohtse

lohtse, Dec 4, 2008
  10. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

That link didn't help me Andrew :lol:

I'll stick o my "plan" for now, and i'll report back and update here :)

BazookaAce, Dec 4, 2008
  11. BazookaAce

info

Good Luck Bazooka. In a week all this will seem like ancient history. Take your time, these things have a lot of stress attached to them, and if we allow ourselves to get too excited, I believe it does us more than a bit of harm. We are all pulling for you. Get the proper superuser command and mount XP! But, take care of yourself.

It's a good thing to become proficient at Linux, but it does carry a price. I just recovered from an incessantly appearing (intermittent flashing) hour glass which put the stress element on me, as one never knows how long it will take to solve an issue of this kind. Similar problems never cease with these machines, and sometimes one is only one command away from the solution. In the end, I think all this has to be considered "the joy of it all," to survive in the long run. ;)

info, Dec 4, 2008
  12. BazookaAce

BazookaAce

Thanks Info ;)

I'll be working on this for the next days, and i'm not stressed anymore. I've accepted that stress is not the solution, so i've exepted the sitiation, and i'll keep myself calm. I'll post the solution if i manage to fix it, so if other people in the future has bad luck, they can fix it faster and easyer than me :) Thanks for the support

BazookaAce, Dec 4, 2008
Ask a Question