HELP!!! Boot up problems even with reboot cd

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jimjimthehumanbin, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jimjimthehumanbin

jimjimthehumanbin

Just back from the shops and picked up the Linux Aspire One. It's a lovely thing and the shop demo sold it for me.

Back home. Switched it on. Entered my password. Desktop comes up and then the AA1 switches itself off. ?!

Switch it on. Get the AA1 splash screen for 3 minutes and then switches itself off. ?!

Make a USB reboot from the reboot CD. Starts to reinstall and then switches itself off halfway through. ?!

Turn on the AA1 to see if that did anything. Only get the following message " L 99 99 99 99 ......and so on. ?!

Try another USB stick and a SD card. No joy.

This little laptop is being a real pig and destroying my initial joy as something so cool.

Any advice or just take it back and get another one?

I've read the list on incompatible memory sticks and used the same one that works. Sandisk Cruz?

I haven't got a USB dvd drive and have no intentions of buying one as a USB reboot is just as good.

J

jimjimthehumanbin, Aug 23, 2008
  2. jimjimthehumanbin

Sid

Visit the store and ask them to let you connect a usb cd drive, then load the recovery disk.

Experience tells me that some PC's do not like making bootable pen drives.
    The results are as you describe.

Sid, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question