Help! Audio And Video Not Working In Brand New Dell Inspiron 5566

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Peculiar, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Peculiar

Peculiar

Hello All. I'm new to this forum, so my apologies if something like this has been treated already. I couldn't seem to find it, so I had to start a thread myself. I purchased a brand-new Dell Inspiron 5556 laptop quite recently. It comes with Windows 10 software already installed. During my first use, I noticed the audio wasn't working and the display neither dimmed nor brightened when I pressed the appropriate buttons. I searched online and the solution from most users was to upgrade the concerned drivers (audio and display). So, I went to Device Manager and upgraded.the display driver from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (or something like that) to Intel HD Graphics (Windows said it was the latest update). DId the same for the audio, and everything seemed to work fine. But a few minutes later, bam! BSODs started. All sorts of errors (kernel check security failure, iqrl less or equal, dps watchdog bla bla bla). The point is these blue screens popped up repeatedly and my system had to restart everytime

I panicked and went online to check the source of these errors, and the consensus was that it was the upgraded drivers: they were either corrupt or outdated. I tried every fix suggested, and another blue screen error appeared. I tried rolling back the drivers and upgrading again. It was still the same story of BSODs. So I restored my system back to the original point where the audio and video weren't working.

I asked some IT guys, and they said rather than upgrade just two out of the dozen drivers on the system, I was supposed to perform a total WIndows update of every driver or thing needing an update. since the system is brand-new and lacks some key updates. They claimed that was why the system was having those blue screen crashes anytime i updated only the audio and video drivers

This actually makes sense, but I'm afraid. What if I do this complete update overhaul of the system and the BSODs get worse. Is their diagnosis actually correct? Or something else is the cause of these problems? Please, any advice, explanation or suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I'm sorry this post is this long. But I'm nervous about the situation and I really really need help. Thanks guys.

Peculiar, Aug 28, 2017
  2. Peculiar

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

In the search box "bottom left" type DEVICE MANAGER, it will take you the "device manager section" then in the “display adapters section” right click on the display adapters then uninstall the display driver also choose uninstall the device and uninstall the software using the tab.

Do the same with the audio input and output section

Now restart you machine, windows will automatically make the adjustments upon restart.

You need the download this program to automatically update all your drivers
    it's called driver booster,here's the link:

http://www.freewarefiles.com/search...booster&type=All+Categories&B1=&boolean=exact

something back, Aug 29, 2017
Ask a Question