Hello from a Beginner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hippyzomby, May 19, 2016.

1. hippyzomby

hippyzomby

I have not have had a laptop in 6 years.
    I did not know windows was a thing you had to have on your computer now days.
    It was crazy for me to learn how to operate everything.
    I am here hoping to learn how to take care of it and keep it in the best shape possible.
    So any advice I am all ears.

hippyzomby, May 19, 2016
  2. hippyzomby

something back

Welcome to the laptop-forums site

Laptops need to be free of dust, and fluff so every two years or so clean the vents

something back, May 19, 2016
  3. hippyzomby

sharatharadhya

It is not compulsory to have Windows on your Laptop. You can either have a Linux Distro(free), Chrome OS(Chromebooks), and OS X Macintosh (on Apple Mac Computers). Using a Laptop is not that difficult if you have Windows or Mac OS X on it. It would be much preferable to elaborate if you tell which Laptop you currently own and what was your first Computer. It won't take much time before you start helping others here on the forum. Good Luck.

sharatharadhya, May 22, 2016
  4. hippyzomby

Sefie

Hi there :) Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! Please don't worry about your lack of experience with computers and such, in this forum you will find users with different levels of knowledge. We are all here to learn :) So, please, don't hesitate making questions if in doubt :)

Sefie, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question