Headphones and speakers are showing as same device?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Marsecheline, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Marsecheline

Marsecheline

Hello all,

Recently I have realized that my headphones and my laptop speakers are showing under the same name which is "Speakers". I can identify which is which as there are specifications in brackets, however, when my headphones are plugged in and I switch from "Speakers (7.1 Surround Sound)" - which is my headphones to "Speakers (Content SmartAudio HD) - which are my laptop speakers the sound provider is not changing. In this case it continues from my headphones.

I wanted when my headphones are plugged in to switch between the two audio outputs without the need of unplugging my headphones.

I think that my laptop is using Smart Audio as a sound driver, I have tried installing Realtek, however, it doesn't seem that the laptop even acknowledges the already downloaded Realtek driver, as it doesn't appear in device manager.

Note: I am completely unware of how exactly the drivers work or anything related to the audio.

Laptop: Asus K550J, Intel i7 - 4720HQ, Nvidia GeForce 950M
    Headphones: Razer Kraken X 7.1

I am attaching an image to check how both my speakers and headphones are shown: https://postimg.cc/kDfsTdWr

If any other information is needed, please ping me back.

I will be very grateful if I can get some assistance on that. Thank you in advance

Marsecheline, Aug 10, 2021
Ask a Question